EPISODE 25

23rd May, 1995.
***********************************
Esperanza had been in Stella's house for five months now. She cried a lot every night for two weeks. Stella had tried a lot in helping her ease her pain. She was very happy when Esperanza came. She had been so happy, she didn't even ask why she came. Both women had been friends from childhood. They had been the best of friends. Esperanza was the chief bride's maid at Stella's wedding. And when she herself got married, she moved to Jubal with her husband Oscar Hills. Both women had kept in touch with each other over the phone. This was the first visit for over seven years. 

Esperanza had stopped crying. She tried not to remember. At first because she didn't want to believe that her son was really dead but mostly because she didn't want to have complications with the child in her belly. It was a girl, according to the ultrasound.

Stella had a daughter who was 8months old. Her name was Denise. Both women were expecting Esperanza's baby. It will be an all- girls house. Stella had lost her husband, five days before she found out that she was pregnant. He was a pilot. Esperanza could not make the burial and she had since then been apologizing for it. Stella however kept saying it was not a problem.

The day Esperanza gave birth to her daughter was dramatic. She was shouting in pains and asking for Oscar. 

"Stella, call Oscar. Tell him to come here" she cried.

"I can't do this without him."

To the nurses she yelled

"Where is my husband? Go and get him"

Stella didn't know what to do.

After about an hour of waiting, the baby was delivered. She had her mother's face and her dad's eyes. Esperanza named her Stacy. Both women thought that Stacy was beautiful. 

When asked to tell Mr. Hills about the baby, Esperanza was against it. Stella however called Mr. Hills and told him. He was so happy and insisted that he would visit to see his daughter, to which Stella refused him.

A year later, both women would be living as a family with their daughters.    

.......................................
**********************************************×***********************
Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you..