EPISODE 10

Mrs. Esperanza Hills sat inside a taxi heading to the airport. She had made up her mind. There was no going back to that man. She wouldn't lose her daughter too. The death of Jason was still unbelievable to her. She didn't want to think about it. She might faint again. She tried to get her mind of Jason and Oscar but just couldn't. She bent down her head and started crying. She cried in silence, trying not to make the taxi driver notice. Her heart was heavy. Jason was only 4yrs old. She had promised to buy a cone of ice cream for him when he came home. He never did. Esperanza sobbed deeply. She had warned Oscar about this and he had promised to leave the gang. But no, he didn't and now her son was dead. 
She was still in tears when the taxi driver announced that they were at the airport. Mrs. Esperanza Hills quickly cleaned her eyes and tried to put up a smile and a calm and relaxed face. She got off the taxi, paid the driver and walked into the airport. Fifteen minutes later, her plane was headed to Varlon city, she was going to stay with her best friend, Stella Wikan. 

............................................................................................................................................
Mr. Gram was driving to Vice city to visit his kid sister Helen. It had been a long while since he saw her. After Helen's wedding, she moved to vice city with her husband Kelvin. They had lived there for six years now and Gram had not once visited. He was going to surprise her this time. He had asked Helen's best friend Francesca for directions to the house and he had that now. All he had to do was get there and surprise her. She would be so happy to see him. She had asked him to visit a couple of times, but work would not let him. 
Gram was driving few meters above the speed limit. He knew it was unlawful but he didn't mind because it was a lonely road. Not many cars took this road to Vice city because of the vast forest that flanked the road. There had been reports of people being robbed on this road. Gram however chose to go this way because it was shorter. He was still in Edinburgh city. He had just one more hour drive to get to Vice city. Gram was excited. He imagined the smile he would see in his sisters face when she sees him and how happy she would be. 

Gram was taken aback when he noticed a mini Cooper speed past him. There were two men in the car. They both looked suspicious, or so Gram thought. He ignored them. In this city and on this road, everyone looked suspicious. 

He was itching to call his sister and tell her that he was coming. The suspense was killing him already. What if she wasn't home? Francesca said she would be home all day. 

Gram saw in the distance as the mini cooper that had just gotten past him, swerved off the road. He watched the cooper as it somersaulted and headed towards a huge tree. Gram stepped on the accelerator. In about two minutes he was near the copper. He quickly got off the car and ran towards the upside down car to see if he could help save any survivor. He didn't know why he thought there would be a survivor.  The car had somersaulted four times before crashing into the tree. At that rate, there may not be any survivors. 

As Gram got closer to the car, he thought he heard a kick come out from the trunk. He ignored it and headed to the passengers seat but the kick sounded again. This time he was sure it was a kick. It was louder. He went to the trunk, bent over and tried to unhook the trunk from its grab. It came off easily and a body bag fell out of it onto the floor. It looked like someone was inside the body bag. Gram quickly untied the body bag and what he saw shocked him. A young boy of about 4years old was inside the bag. He was covered in blood. Gram was amazed at how the boy could have survived the crash. 

The boy looked frightened to see Gram. Gram didn't have time to think, he noticed petrol dripping and he knew that if he didn't move away fast, the car might explode and blow him and the boy to bits. He carried the boy on his shoulder and ran away from the car. He had just dropped the boy inside his car and closed the car door when he heard the sound. The mini cooper had exploded. Gram had wanted to go back and try to save the two men he had seen before, but that explosion may mean that they were both dead. Gram knew he could do nothing more to help but to call the police. This he did. He wanted to leave the boy by the side of the road and continue on his journey to see his sister. When the cops come they will see him and I wont have to be dragged to the
station. He thought.

He wanted to drive off but a look at the boy made him want to stay. He had to make sure the boy was safe. 
About Thirty minutes later the cops had surrounded the scene. They were examining and taking pictures. Two cops came to question Gram. He told them all he knew and saw. 
One of the police men asked the young boy what his name was and the boy looking frightened stuttered

"my my name, is is J Jason"

That was all he could say. When asked where he was from, he didn't reply. What were his parents names, he couldn't reply too. The cops blamed this on shock, saying he will get better with time. They were to take him to a hospital.

Gram was surprised to hear from the cops that another young boy's body was found in the trunk and a man's body in the passenger's seat. Gram told them that he was sure there were two men in the front when they drove past him. The cops didn't want to leave anything unturned so they started a search into the forest. This went on for over an hour, but they couldn't find anyone. By this time, they had taken the boy to a children's hospital. 

Gram was requested to come back to Edinburgh City police station as witness the next day. He thanked the cops and got in his car and drove off. He was not going to miss meeting his sister. 

.....................................................................**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.