EPISODE 35

12th January, 2015.

***********************************

Stacy walked into the party with her friend Emily. They both looked beautiful, that's what they concluded from the looks they got from the men in the hall.

Stacy observed the hall. So many high profile people. This was one hell of a party. According to what they heard, the party had started in the morning and is still banging up till now. It was a little past 9pm. What kind of party starts in the morning and runs for over twelve hours? Stacy didn't mind. She was a lover of parties. She had been to a party the previous night and the night before. Partying was her life. Any place where she can move her slim figure, bounce her red hair and flash her green eyes to boys, she loved to be there.

Emily on the other hand didn't love partying. If anything she loved being indoors. She wouldn't have been to this party if not for her friend Stacy, who insisted almost in tears that she comes with her. Emily was not comfortable. The music was too loud, the men were too many. The hall was stuffy. The smell of alcohol and testosterone was so high. Left to her, they would leave this instant, but Stacy would be very disappointed.

Stacy was the only thing she had close to a friend. They were more like sisters. They practically grew up together. That was before Stacy's mother moved to Phanta City. The girls were both juniors in high school then. They had both cried, each insisting that the other comes with her.

After the move to Phanta city, both girls tried to keep in touch but it was nothing like before. Stacy had gone on to college, studying Music while Emily was studying medicine in the University of Jubal. Emily had come to Phanta city last week to visit her friend Stacy, hoping that they can both stitch up the lost years they spent apart. 

Emily noticed that Stacy had disappeared in the crowd. She glanced through the crowd in search of her. She spotted Stacy dancing erotically in-between a group of guys. Emily pushed through to where Stacy was and dragged her away. Stacy was giggling as she followed Emily. Both girls sat at the bar, Stacy still giggling. 
"I don't know why you are giggling?" Emily asked. 

"You should have seen the look on your face when you saw me dancing. I knew you would come for me"

"It was too much. And i didn't trust those guys"

Stacy touched Emily's cheek. 

"Lighten up sister. This is a club. Have some fun. Throw yourself on a guy. Maybe who knows, you might find love"

Emily blushed. 

"Hey, i never said i was looking for love"

"You didn't have to. It shows on your face" Stacy said, pointing a finger on Emily's face. 

Stacy called for the bar man. 

"Give my friend here a glass of martini,"

She looked at Emily who was about to refuse the martini. 

"You know what, give her five glasses. Its her birthday today."

Emily was flushed. She waved to the bar man

"It's not my birthday please"

The bar man placed five glasses of martini before the girls.  

Stacy took a glass in her hand. 
"Go on Emily, drink up."

Emily picked a glass too. She knew she had to drink. This was the first time she was spending with Stacy since they moved. She had to make them friends again. 

Eight glasses of martini drank and the girls became chatty, each telling the other about everything. They talked about their days in school, the naughty things they had done, the boys, the mistakes.

In two hours, they had laughed, argued, cried, joked, and even insulted the bar man a few times.

They were having fun and they were happy they did. Some men had come to talk to them in the bar but they had rebuffed all of them, taking pleasure in only themselves. Emily was so happy. She had known a lot about her friend in two hours. Things she hadn't known for over seven years.

The party she was not happy being dragged to has turned out to be a good experience.  

**********************************************************************
Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.