EPISODE 12

19th December, 1994.
...........................................................
The new officer heading the department, Detective Frudo was not going to take the accident lightly. Two men in the front car and two boys in the trunk. This was too bad to be ignored. Too suspicious to be swept away like that.

He had sent his men to go in search of the man that had survived and escaped. They were not back yet with any report. Five hours had passed since Detective Frudo left the scene of the accident. A lot of questions needed to be answered. Detective Frudo sat with his head in his palms. He was a tall man with a rather childish face. He looked to be in his twenties but he was actually in his mid-thirties. His eyes were brown in color and they turned dark brown whenever he was stressed. Right now, he was stressed.

He had tried to get the boy to describe the man that was in the driver's seat, but the boy seemed not to remember. All he seemed to remember was his name, Jason. That wasn't enough for Detective Frudo. The boy had to give him something. He couldn't blame the boy though. Maybe the shock of the whole thing had left him confused. He will just have to be given time to relax, settle down, and maybe he would remember how to put the pieces together. Poor little boy", thought Detective Frudo. In a body bag, in a trunk, and then a crash. I wonder what really happened. That i must unravel. 

Detective Frudo remembered he had to go to the hospital again as requested by the doctor. Apparently, the doctor found something on the boy's shirt. Something the Detective had to see. 
He took his badge from the table, hung it around his neck and headed out of his office. 
He was going to see the boy. 

Detective Frudo got to the hospital as quick as he could. As he turned off his Mercedes Benz SUV, he tucked his badge into his shirt. He didn't want anyone to know he was a police man. There was something with patients and police men. Whenever anyone in the hospital sees a police man, they assume the worst. They think maybe there was a criminal in one of the wards, or a suspicious death and possible murder in the hospital. It puts the hospital staff and the patients into panic. To this effect, detective Frudo did not want any unnecessary attention. He walked straight to the reception desk flashed his badge and asked for Doctor Foster. The receptionist was quick to respond.

She immediately called for Doctor Foster, using the little microphone that lay on the desk. She was a chubby black woman in her mid-thirties. She signaled detective Frudo to go to the doctor's office. Detective Frudo walked into the office. Doctor Foster was seated facing the door as the detective entered. He was a slim tall man with blond hair and large dark eyes. He looked to be in his late forties. He had rather big central incisors. He stood up to greet the detective. 

After a fast exchange of formal pleasantries, both men sat down. Doctor Foster put on hand gloves and handed the detective hand gloves too. He opened his desk and took out a device. The device was inside a plastic bag. It had a pentagonal shape and looked like high tech equipment. On it were two buttons signaling on and off functions. Doctor Foster placed the device on the desk.

"This device was found on the boy when we examined him. I don't know what it is but my guess is, it has something to do with the boy still being alive. Do you have any idea what it is"?

Detective Frudo was curious. He took the device in hand and closely examined it. He couldn't tell what it was but he was sure it was a high-tech equipment. It was probably military grade or from a high end government agency. Detective Frudo was not sure which it was but he was going to find out. He looked at the Doctor and said 

"Does anyone else know about this?"
The doctor shook his head and said

"No. No one else knows apart from me and two nurses"

"I want you to keep this a secret. I have to find out what this device is. Tell both nurses not to mention this to anyone. And ascertain that they haven't done so already. We don't want this getting out. A lot is still uncertain."

Doctor Foster was listening attentively. He assured the detective that he would make sure its kept a secret. 

Detective Frudo asked 
"Can i see the boy now?"

"I am afraid not. He is resting now, maybe tomorrow morning."
Standing up, detective Frudo said 
"Thats alright. I have already tightened up security in the hospital. We can never be too sure. News might get out that the boy is still alive and maybe those that wanted him dead will come for him again."

Detective Frudo took the device and walked out of the office. His work was cut out for him. When he got to his car, he placed the device neatly into a safety box and placed it on the drivers seat. He wasn't sure what the device was exactly and he didn't want to make mistakes with improper handling. For all he knew, it may blow up anytime. Hope not.  

.....................................................................**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.