EPISODE 7

Mr. Hills drove in his convertible to get his son Jason from school. He knew he was running late and tried to drive fast. He had gotten a call from his boss Don Alvarez to sort through some files and fax him the results. It was a tough work that would take time but the Don insisted that it was urgent, he had to do it. 

Jason must have waited for him for a while now. Being late implies that he will have to buy ice- cream for Jason to appease him. Maybe he would take Jason to his office; he had always wanted to go. As Mr. Hills got closer to the school, he saw what looked like Don Alvarez's Cadillac SUV driving on the opposite lane from the school. He thought maybe, that might be just a car that looks a lot like the Don's. Mr. Hills drove on.

When he got to the school, he looked around for Jason but couldn't find him. He asked the teacher in charge of the kids and she said " I'm so sorry Mr. Hills, i have looked for him myself. Did you perhaps send your driver to pick him up? One of the pupils said he saw Jason enter a car."

Mr. Hills knew what this might mean. Maybe the car he saw was actually the Don's car. He quickly got into the car and drove off. The teacher was shouting behind him

"Mr. Hills, where are you going to?"

Traffic rules were being disobeyed by Mr. Hills as he drove to get to his kid. He had a deep feeling that something had gone wrong somewhere.

He spotted the Cadillac two miles away. He skimmed past cars and as he drove. He swerved to avoid a truck that almost took him off the road. After a hard but skillful maneuver, he got control of the car and kept driving. The Cadillac was getting away from him but he had to get close. As he got to the next intersection, he had to stop to let cars pass after the traffic lights had gone red on his lane.

After about a minute, while keeping track of the Cadillac, he drove on. As he got to another intersection, it occurred to him that he knew where they were and where they were heading to. His heart skipped a beat. Why would the Don take his son to the abandoned factory?

Mr. Hills buried his foot on the accelerator and drove like mad. He had to get there, and fast. He pulled into the factory and parked his car behind a pile of old rusty cranes, hiding the car. He quickly got out of the car, trying to make no sound. As he walked, he solved a lot of puzzles in his mind. Then he stepped on something cold. It was ice cream. Jason must have dropped it. It was strawberry flavor. Jason's favorite.

Mr. Hills traced the footsteps. There were five footsteps. One of a child, probably Jason's and the other four were that of big shoes, men. Mr. Hills noticed that the footsteps of the child had stopped somewhere. This may imply that the kid was carried by the man whose footsteps were close to the kid's. All these calculations and deductions were done in his mind within three seconds. He walked briskly but quietly towards the door. He crouched next to the door and peered through the pinhole. What he saw took his heart off his body. His best friend Mr. Woods had a gun pointed to his son Jason. In a split second, Mr. Woods shot the boy.

Mr. Hills went mad. He wanted to open the door and run in but he froze. He slid on the door as tears ran down his face. He picked himself up and went to his car. He needed air, he needed to blink and see that this was just a dream. In his car, he put the engine on and rolled away smoothly.

He drove home. He had to decide
what to do. His mind had left him on his own. As he drove into his compound, he was met by the worried face of his pregnant wife Esperanza, who ran to the door as she heard the car enter the driveway. Mr. Hills ran to her. He was crying. Esperanza Hills tried hard not to cry, she wanted to know what it was first. 
"Oscar what is it. Where is Jason?"

"Darling, am so sorry" Mr. Hills cried. 
"Sorry for what honey, tell me. What is it?"

Mr. Hills held her arm and said 
"Jason is dead. I went to..."

Esperanza slumped on the floor. She had fainted. Mr. Hills took out his mobile phone, switched it on and called an ambulance. He shook Esperanza to get her up but she wasn't moving.

Less than five minutes later, an ambulance came and took them to a hospital. 

Mr. Hills sat by the reception waiting. He was afraid he may lose his wife and unborn child. He stood up and paced the room. A lot in his mind.

"Are you Mr. Hills?" a doctor said to Mr. Hills.

"Yes i am" Mr. Hills replied. 

"Sir, your wife is okay now. There were complications at first but it has been taken care of, she is okay. The baby is not so okay though. We are right now trying to stabilize the baby, but all hope is not lost. Not yet"

Mr. Hills couldn't find a word to reply. He sat down and took out his phone. He wanted to call someone. To talk to someone. Someone who could be with him in this trying time. He could only think of one person, his best friend, Mr. Woods. That thought made him angry. He put his phone back in his pocket, walked to his car and drove. He was going to see Mr. Woods. He was going to end this. He was going to kill Mr. Woods. 

......................................................................**********************************************************************

Oh so that's it? Hmmm.

Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.