EPISODE 38

28th March 2009.

**********************************

"I still cant believe its been over seven years since I left prison." Morgan said to Barry who was driving both men to their place of work. 

"Do you want to go back? I can drive you there. I bet you miss your friends there, especially your cell mate." Barry said with a smile

"You are funny." Morgan said, "But its true, I sometimes miss them. Bruce especially" he continued.

Barry smiled. "Well, you have made a good man of yourself, if I do say so myself. Not that you weren't a good man before. But you know what i mean."  Barry said.

"Well you are right and wrong at the same time, if I do say so myself." Morgan replied.

He soon wore a frown. 

" I just wish i had saved the boy. I still feel guilty. Like I am the reason why he died."

"Its been a long time. You should try and forget him. You tried all you could you know."

"How can you say? You weren't there."

"I may not have been there but you saved my life that day. Only a good man would save a stranger like you did."

Morgan was silent. He looked on.

Sensing that Morgan was still thinking about the boy, Barry tried to change the topic of the conversation.

"What do you think about Phanta City?" he asked Morgan.

"What about Phanta city? I don't understand."

"What do you think about it. Is it a nice place?"

"Well I hear its nice. I have never been there. But why are you asking?"

"Well that's where we are going to?"

"What?"

"Yes. I have been transferred to Phanta city and as my sort of side kick, I asked that you come with me and the police chief agreed." Barry said. A wide smile on his face.

"And you think this is the best time to tell me? On the way to phanta city?" Morgan asked. He looked like he was trying hard to feign anger.

Barry smiled wider.

"Well I wanted it to be a surprise."

Morgan smiled.

"Well, I guess I might like Phanta city. I was getting tired of this city anyway. Need a change of environ."

Barry smiled. "I thought so too."

Morgan thought about the boy again. If he was alive he would be about 19years old now. He had to stop thinking about him. Barry was right. He did try to save the boy, albeit unsuccessful. He had tried a lot of times to find the boy when he left prison, hoping the boy was still alive. But after all investigations, of which Barry was also part of, the boy was confirmed dead.

At first, something in Morgan gave him a glimmer of hope that the boy might still be alive. But after two years, that glimmer of hope vanished. Morgan then accepted that the boy was burnt in the car explosion. What a tragic way to go. If and when he does meet Mr. Hills, Morgan would explain to him what happened and apologize for failing to save the boy. If he does meet Mr. Hills. Morgan wasn't hoping to. 

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.