EPISODE 19

21st December, 1994.
................................................................

As Gram drove into the parking lot of Edinburgh City police station, he wondered what had happened to the boy he saved two days ago. Has he said anything? What was the story behind his kidnap? Has he been returned to his parents?

Gram had met his sister Helen in Vice city. She was very happy to see him. Albeit surprised, she tried not to show. Gram could see the happiness in her face. Her husband was happy too. While with his sister in Vice city, Gram could not stop thinking about the boy he had saved. He kept wondering what had happened. Now he was going to find out. 

He parked his car and got out. He looked at his watch. It was 8:37am. He had driven to Edinburgh city early enough. He couldn't stop wondering about the boy so he had to find out what had happened since then. He walked into the police station building. On entering, he recognized one of the officers as one that had come to the scene of the accident. The officer seemed to recognize Gram too. He walked up to Gram and said with his hand extended for a handshake.

"I believe you are Mr. Gram, right"?

Gram shook hands with him and said with a smile

"Yes i am. I came to give a statement"

He noticed the name tag on the officer's uniform. It read, Inspector Henry Savogo.

"Thats alright." The officer said sitting down on a seat. He signaled Gram to take a seat too.
Gram sat down opposite him and said
"Henry, can i call you Henry"?

Inspector Henry replied "Well, yes, you can call me Henry. That's my name."

Gram sat upright and leaned towards Inspector Henry.

"What is the latest news on the boy? Has his parents been found? Who was responsible for the kidnap? "
Inspector Henry let out a smile.

"That's too many questions am afraid I can't answer. All of these are confidential."

"I'm sorry, i was just worried about the boy. No more questions" Gram said, embarrassed.

Bringing out a piece of white blank paper from a drawer in the desk, Inspector Henry said

"Its alright. I understand".

He took out a pen from his breast pocket and wrote on the paper.

WITNESS STATEMENTS.
MR GRAM REYON.

He handed Mr. Gram the paper. Mr. Gram wrote all he could remember about the accident. How he was driving, how the car had driven past him, how he had seen the car crash. How he had parked his car and ran towards the crashed vehicle. How he had wanted to go to the driver's seat before hearing a sound come from the trunk. How the body bag fell off the trunk and how he had carried the boy to his own car before calling the police.

He handed Inspector Henry the paper. Inspector Henry read Grams statement and asked.

'Can you describe the men you saw in the car that day".

Mr. Gram scratched his head with the tip of his right pointing finger. He seemed not to remember exactly how the men looked. He didn't quite see them clearly. But he was sure it was two figures that were in the car. One of them had a big beard. He couldn't have missed that. The other man had a beard too, or maybe he did not.

Gram was not sure. They had driven past him so quickly he couldn't make out their faces. He looked pleadingly at the detective and said

"I am not really sure if i can remember their faces. I didn't really look at them. They just whizzed past me. Though i think one of them had a beard."