EPISODE 53

534333543
**********************************

"And this would be?" Wafi asked Cinn who was lying beside him in a pool of blood.

"Number three." Cinn said breathing heavily.

"And would have been our last one." Cinn said.

He got to his feet and staggered towards his can of gasoline.

Wafi still lay on the floor panting.

"Where did he come from?"

"I don't know. He probably went to the back to smoke or something." Cinn said, pouring gasoline on the cartons in the warehouse.

"Look at him. He almost chocked me to death. Why did you waste that much time before shooting him?"

Wafi looked to the man that lay beside him. 

"I didn't want to shoot you, had to get my aim right. And I was still reeling from the punch he gave me."

"Well thank God I am alive. Today was not easy. The first three guys were hard to kill. I had to shoot the bald one five times before he fell to the floor."

Wafi got to his feet. 

"This shows that things just got harder now," he said and picked up a can of gasoline too.

"We have to be more careful."

Cinn nodded his head,

"I agree with you. I say we do this just one more time and stop. But this time we do it in a big way. We go to their biggest warehouse in Birdview avenue and burn the whole shit down. That will definitely get their attention."

Wafi poured gasoline on the man who he shot last.

Within five minutes, they had finished their work there and the warehouse was in flames as they left.  
*****************//////**************
8152785318
****************///////***************

Nick took out the device from her dressing table drawer. She had tried a couple of combinations to see if she could get the device to open. None had worked. Maybe the buttons do something else but open the device. A knock came on her door and Miss Harlem walked in. She had a tray of cookies in hand. Nicki smiled at her. 

"Is that for me?" Nicki asked.

"Yes my dear."

"Thank you mummy."

Miss Harlem dropped the tray on Nicki's laps and was about to leave when Nicki asked.

"Miss Harlem, have you ever seen this device before?"

Miss Harlem looked at the device. She observed it.

"I have not seen anything like it before. Who does it belong to? she asked."

"I don't know and I want to find out."

"Where did you get it?"

Before Nicki could answer she asked again.

"What does it do?"

"I have been trying to open it. Trying combinations but nothing has opened it." Nicki said, deciding not to answer those questions.

Miss Harlem sat on the bed.

"Maybe the code is the owner's birthday or something."

Nicki cracked a smile.

"What is your birthday Miss Harlem?"

Miss Harlem laughed. She stood up.

"I have to go dear. Have to serve your dad his meal."

Nicki smiled. 

"That's alright. Thanks for the cookies."

As Miss Harlem left, Nicki tried her dad's birthday on the device. It didn't open. She smiled at herself. This wasn't getting her anywhere. She has to find the person who the device belongs to. She had considered that maybe it belonged to Detective Wafi. But if what Barry said was true (that the device was probably made 15 years ago) she doubted it belonged to Detective Wafi. Maybe it belonged to Detective Wafi's father. If anyone would know, its definitely Detective Wafi. She picked up her phone and dialed Cinn's number. He didn't answer. She dialed again but there was still no answer. She decided that she would go see Cinn in his apartment.   

***************/////****************
534335343
***************/////****************

Xavier was in the Hills mansion early that morning. He had bad news. He hated being the bearer of bad news. The young detective was dead and but a new problem has risen. Three of their warehouses had mysteriously burned down. The guards at the warehouses were found burnt in them. He assumed they were being attacked by a rival gang. 

"Who do you think it might be? The Firrelos?" Mr. Hills asked.

"I think so sir. I guess this is revenge for the river bank territory we took from them."

"The river bank territory has always been ours. We just allowed them to operate there."

Mr. Hills got to his feet and stormed to the bar, a habit he had formed whenever he got angry.

"Hit them where it would hurt them. I want the head of Gabriel Firrelo on my table tomorrow morning."

He stormed upstairs.

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.