EPISODE 57

54788440847

********************************

Morgan had knocked on the door twice and pressed the doorbell once. No one came to answer the door. He was about to leave when the door opened. It was the man he came to see. Retired Detective Conan Frudo. Morgan. He recognized the detective. He was the man in charge of investigating the accident that happened on December 19th 1994.

Morgan could still remember how hard the detective had tried to tie him to the accident. He stared at the detective who seemed not to recognize him. What brought this detective all the way from Edinburgh city to Jubal.  Today all his questions will be answered.

Morgan found out a day before from a past member of the gang that Mr. Woods who he thought was still alive and who he had been praying not to run into was actually dead. According to the man, Mr. Woods was murdered. The man had no more information to give. Morgan had no knowledge of this. When he was in prison he heard about the death of Don Alvarez but that was it. He didn't hear anything else. The first few days after he left prison, he was told by one of his old buddies that the gang had disbanded. That everyone had started something good with their lives. He wasn't happy but he understood. With the Don dead, the gang was likely to fall. He was content with everything until his discovery with Barry. That led to him digging for all he could. He drove to Jubal for more information only to find out that Mr. Woods was dead.

"Good morning young man, how may i help you? Detective Frudo said. 

"Good morning sir. My name is Morgan Grimes. I am from the forensic department of Phanta city police. I came to ask you a few questions if you don't mind." Morgan said. 

Detective Frudo smiled. It has been long he had someone from the department visit him. Maybe the cops have seen a need for him after all. Now they will know he still got it. He let Morgan in and had him seat. 

"How may i help you young man?" He said to Morgan. 

Morgan smiled. He sat upright in his seat and spoke. 

"Sir, you were the detective that handled a case of the murder of one Mr. Kennedy Woods, I want to know what really happened"

"Hmm. Young man. All my findings and everything that has to do with the case are in a file in the police department. Ask for it and they would give it to you. Everything you need is there"

"I am afraid not. There is no record of any such in the department. Not a single man can confidently say that this was what happened in the case. I am not saying that the case was closed, i am saying that there is no record of it ever existing at all"

"What do you mean closed or nonexistent? I arrested the suspect, he was tried, found guilty and he went to jail."

"Interesting. Do you mind telling me who the suspect you arrested is?"

Detective Frudo became suspicious. Why was this man here to question him? Who sent him? Is this a test or a trap of some sort? 

"Young man, who exactly did you say you are?" Morgan flashed Barry's badge and said.

"Like I said I work for the Phanta city police department. I know you are a bit suspicious but I promise you, I am who I say I am."

"Your promises doesn't mean anything to me because taking a look at you, you don't strike me as one who works for the law."

"You can call the department and verify if you want to." Morgan said.

Detective Frudo nodded. He ambled towards his telephone, picked it up and said.