EPISODE 8

...................................................................

As he drove into Mr. Woods' house, he took out his gun from his glove compartment. He knew his mind was made up. He should have barged into the room then when Mr. Woods shot Jason. He couldn't explain why he didn't do anything. He watched his son die and didn't do anything about it. He ran home to his wife like a scared little girl. He didn't even pick up his son's body. A lot of regrets.

That was then. Whatever it was that made him transfixed and confused then, was not going to do same to him now. There was no going back, no need for explanation.

He got to the front door of Mr. Woods house and knocked. He waited. His gun in hand. He saw Mr. Woods look through the window and he tightened his grip on the gun. He cocked it as Mr. Woods opened the door. He had no time to think. Immediately the door was opened, he ran a bullet through Mr. Woods neck. He knew he had to be sure he was dead so he shot again. He watched Mr. Woods fall to the floor.

Then Mrs. Woods ran downstairs. He had to kill her too. He knew he had to.
She was crying and cursing him, he had to shut her up. He put two bullets to her chest, silencing her. The room went quiet. Mr. Hills sat down on the sofa and watched their bodies. He wasn't proud of what he did, but he was proud of why he did it. This was his first time killing someone. That someone was his best friend.

Mr. Hills left the house; he was heading to Don Alvarez's mansion. As he drove, he tried to convince himself that he could shoot past the Don's security and get to the Don. 

Mr. Hills saw ahead of him what looked like an accident scene at the side of the road. Cars were driving slower as the drivers took time to look at the scene. As he got closer, He wanted to drive on and get to his mission but he couldn't help but notice the car.

It was Don Alvarez Cadillac SUV. It was upside down and burnt up. The glass was shattered and ash was everywhere. What used to be human bodies were littered on the floor. The police had rounded the scene and were moving the burnt bodies. News reporters were also there in huge numbers. They were all standing in front of the scene and reporting, making their camera men to get a clear view of the scene. People had surrounded the place, watching. 

One of the news reporters was head by Mr. Hills saying.

"I am reporting live from the scene of the car explosion which took the life of Philanthropist, Alvarez Belluci. The police have not released any statements as to what they think my have caused the explosion. But one thing we have confirmed and can tell you is this, Don Alvarez Belluci is dead."

Mr. Hills looked closely to be sure that what he was looking at was actually happening. He recognized some of Don Alvarezs security men at the scene. This might actually be true. The Don was dead. No need to kill him. He was dead already. Fate had paid for him.

Mr. Hills turned the car around headed back to the hospital. When he got there, he was told what he never expected. According to the nurse, his wife had left. No trace of her, but she left a note on the bed for him. The hospital had contacted the polite to help find her whereabouts. She was not fit to move around.

The nurse handed him the note that Esperanza had written and left.

Mr. Hills read "Oscar, I am leaving you. Please don't look for me. I want this baby to be safe"

Mr. Hills was perplexed. He paced the hospital many times. Then he decided to go home. At home he headed straight to the bar and took a bottle of gin. He drank from the bottle. He sat quietly on his settee in thought. He called his wife's mobile phone number a couple of times, but she wasn't answering. He decided to call her from the land line, he knew it was of no use but he just had to. He got to the line and saw that he had a message. He pressed the phone to play the message. When the caller spoke Mr. Hills could recognize the voice, it was Mr. Woods.

He said "Hey Oscar, you may not know this but the Don suspects that you are trying to kill him. He made me shoot your son Jason, but don't worry, he is safe. When you get this, come see me"

Mr. Hills could not believe what he just heard.

"But i saw him shoot Jason. Does that mean that? O my God what have i done?" He sat down on his sofa. This means that i killed my best friend for no reason. I wonder if the cops have gotten to the
scene yet. He then put on the television. It was the news channel.

The newscaster read The philanthropist Don Alvarez is dead. He was in his Cadillac SUV when it exploded killing both men on board and three pedestrians. The reports from the police suggest that it may have been a bomb planted in his car. We will tell you more as the story unfolds"

It all became clearer to Mr. Hills. Mr. Woods must have planted a bomb in the Dons Cadillac taken him out. Mr. Woods was good in making bombs. His new piece was a phone bomb. When he dialed the phone, if answered, it exploded. It was supposed to be a surprise for the boss. The bad thing was that Mr. Woods was dead. Mr. Hills knelt down in shame. He had killed the only one who could have told him the whereabouts of his son. He had just shot his best friend. It then occurred to him that Mr. Woods had a two year old daughter. What would happen to the girl now that he has killed her parents?  

.....................................................................********************************************************************** Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer.  Thank you.