EPISODE 47

...................................................................

Deputy Chief Wilson was mad when he got the news. He called the number of the man he had sent to kill Detective Wafi but the man did not answer. He called three more times yet no answer. His fears grew stronger. According to the news, Detective Wafi was in a hospital. This meant that Detective Wafi was still alive and he (Deputy Chief Wilson) was as good as dead when Xavier finds out.

He had so many thoughts in his mind. First was to run away. The second was to stay and ask Xavier for another chance. A third chance. The third thought in his mind was to go to the hospital in the pretense of coming to see his colleague and then kill Detective Wafi himself. He chose the third option. He smiled at himself. This night, all my problems will be solved, he thought. 

It was 9:43pm when he got to the hospital. He got out of his car and was about to enter the hospital when someone said from behind him.

"I am sorry sir. Sorry I failed."

He recognized the man. It was the man he had contracted to kill Detective Wafi. The man looked afraid. You better be afraid because I fell like killing you right now, Deputy Chief Wilson thought. 

"Its alright. Tell me you are here to finish the job", Deputy Chief Wilson said. 

"No sir. I am not."

"So why are you here?" Deputy Chief Wilson asked angrily.

"I am here to kill you sir," the man said.

He shot the Deputy Chief twice. One on the chest and another on the head. The deputy Chief fell to the floor. Cops ran out from the hospital and towards the place they heard gunshots, their guns in hand.

The man placed the pistol to his head and said.

"Now they are safe."
He shot himself on the head and fell to the ground too.

Ivan was watching from a distance. He smiled. He took out his phone and dialed a number.

"Release the wife and kid", he said to the person on the other end of the line. He ended the call and said

"Now I have paid you back Jason."

He turned and left.

***********************************    
20th April, 2015
********************************

It was a big day at the police headquarters, the Deputy Police chief had been found shot dead in front of a hospital. The suspected man who killed the Deputy Police Chief was also dead. He shot himself on the head.

Wafi was still in the hospital when he heard the news three weeks later. He was shocked and he thought this must have something to do with the Himano drug gang. He was just starting to recover. His parents had come to see him and so did two ladies who said they were his friends. He didn't know the ladies but they insisted they were his friends. He was sure he hadn't lost his memory so he should be able to recognize the ladies if truly they were his friends.

Although the doctors said there had been fears of him losing his memory or suffering a stroke being that he sustained so much injury to the head but he was alright. A miracle was what the doctors called it when he was found to be okay. None of the things they feared had
happened to him.

"Son, you have a strong head" was what his dad said to him. They laughed.

As for the ladies, when Wafi asked, the doctor said they were the ones that found him in the club and called the paramedics. Wafi smiled. If they did something like that for him, then they were surely his friends. He had already heard from the nurse that it was Cinn who was driving the car when they crashed. This meant that Cinn had saved his life twice. He still didn't fail to think that Cinn had almost killed them both in a car crash after saving his life. He had asked to see Cinn but the nurses said he had been discharged and no one knew where he was.

The nurse had said to him.

"Sir, you may be happy to know that you are being treated free. Your friend, the owner of the hospital asked that it be so. So whatever you need, let us know."

He was later to find out that the hospital was owned by Cinn.

Who is this guy? Wafi thought.

********************************************************************* Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.