EPISODE 11

Morgan squinted and opened his eyes. His head was pounding really badly. He had survived the car blast. As he saw that the car was about to explode he had ran painfully away from it and jumped. The blast had thrown him further away from the car, sending him landing on his face. His back was burnt from the explosion. Pieces of glass had rained on it. He lay down for close to 10minutes, too tired to move even a finger. His whole body felt hot. He tried to get up and go to the car. He wanted to go see the young boy. See his dead body. He straightened himself on the floor, pulled his body up with his fists dug into the ground.

When he was standing on one leg, because of the pain on the leg he was shot on, he tried to drag himself to the car, but then he heard sounds of police sirens coming from a far distance. It was gradually getting louder. Morgan stopped in his tracks. He carried himself, turned back and headed far into the woods. He was trying to run. The cops would not catch him. He hid by a tree. Using the tree trunk to conceal himself. His legs were aching, his heart too.

He looked farther away and saw what looked like a tent. He had to get to it. He could feel himself
running out of blood and energy. He wanted to get to the tent, maybe someone would be there to help. 

He dragged himself towards the tent, it took a while. On getting there, he lowered his head to get into it. He didn't want to speak. He wanted to hold whoever was there hostage and have the person hide him. No one was in the tent. Morgan looked around, not a soul. He wondered where the person who set the tent would be. He saw a microscope and some test tubes that were on a small foldable table. Morgan guessed that these must belong to a science guy. He saw a bag that was on top of an air bed. It rang in his ears that he might see a cotton wool or something to treat his bullet wound with. He got to the bag and opened it. He saw a pistol inside the bag. As he took out the pistol to look for a cotton wool, he heard a male voice shouting from outside the tent. 

"Help, somebody please help me!

Morgan followed the voice. He dragged his feet outside the tent and towards the sound. 

He saw a man lying on the floor. His legs were caught between tree roots that had come up the ground. He was bleeding. Morgan remembered how his legs had been stuck earlier in the car. He felt pity for the man. The man looked terrified; He was staring at something. Morgan looked to the direction the man was looking. A wolf was standing just a yard away from the man. The man could not move because his leg was stuck and the wolf seemed to be taking its time. This was an easy meal. The man shouted again seeing that the wolf looked like it would attack any minute. 

Morgan's eyes were closing on its own. He couldn't see clearly anymore. He had lost a lot of blood. He still had the gun he took from the bag in the tent. He raised it and took aim. He tried hard to steady his hand to aim. The wolf jumped towards the man. Morgan shot. 

The wolf fell to the ground and so did Morgan. His eyes were leaving him. He saw vaguely as the man came towards him. He had gotten himself free from where his leg was stuck. The man asked Morgan a question. Morgan could not understand what it was. He however heard the man say

"I am Barry. I will take you to the hospital."

"Don't let the cops see me" Morgan murmured.

He could see the man looking confused, he tried to say something but he however watched himself fall into unconsciousness.  

20th December, 1994
.............................................................

A sound must have been what woke Morgan up. He looked around. He could not make out where exactly he was. His eyes were heavy too. He strained. Then he noticed. He was in a hospital. He wondered how he got there. There was a man, and a wolf and a tent. Morgan was trying to piece together what these flashes meant. Who was the man? And what has a wolf got to do? He thought
maybe this was a dream. He still didn't remember how he got to the hospital but he knew he shouldn't be found there. 

He looked around the room scanning the perimeter. He could make out from the look of things that the hospital was a public hospital. Morgan knew more about Public hospitals than many. He practically grew up in one. When he lost both his parents in a car accident, he was taken to a hospital. There he got free food and accommodation and when it was time to move him to a foster home, he sneaked away but still hung around the hospital sleeping in wards, and eating with the staff. After a while everyone knew him as Sneaky Morgan. He could sneak into anywhere undetected. In and out in minutes. 

Morgan heard people talking just outside the door of the room he lay in. He heard one man say 

"We have to interview him soon enough" and another man who Morgan assumed must be a doctor said 

"He still needs to rest sir. I will contact the police as soon as we know he is fit for questioning".

Morgan felt uneasy on his bed. He had remembered. After the blast, he had gone further into the woods. A man was there, about to be attacked by a wolf. Morgan had shot the wolf. The images were vague but Morgan could remember asking the man not to let the cops find him. This meant that the man had called the cops. The man had said that his name was Barry. Morgan remembered.

"Well Barry, thanks a lot for putting me in this tight position. But don't worry i will get out", Morgan thought.
Morgan had to leave the hospital and fast. If the cops found out anything about him, he was going away for say 25 years. He still lay in bed, pretending to be asleep. He waited. When he could hear no sound close by, he quickly undid the drip that was in his hand and got up off the bed. He came to the door and peered. When he was sure that the cops had left, he calculated in his mind how he would get out, satisfied, he opened the door and sneaked out. Sneaky Morgan..  

.....................................................................**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.