EPISODE 43

20th March  2015.

***********************************

"You cant tell me that your contact is the one to blame. You are the one to blame," Xavier said to Deputy Chief Wilson.

"You promised to clear this boy on your own and this is what you give me. Do you know the scolding I will get from the boss if he finds out that this young man is still walking free? That this threat is still hanging on us?" Xavier continued.

Deputy Chief Wilson was afraid. Boils of sweat had formed around his forehead. His office where they stood had started to feel like a sepulcher. He was angry at himself for not carrying out the job himself, but it was only because he wanted to make sure that in no way will he be tied to the crime.

The man he contracted for the job failed. It was his fault he thought. He should have gotten a professional.

"I am so sorry Xavier. Give me another chance. I would make things right."

He shifted in his seat and continued.

"This is my fault I know. So please let me fix it. I will do whatever it takes and right now, I know just the right thing to do."

Xavier was looking hard at him. Deputy Chief Wilson was getting more scared. He knew what Xavier could do. But much more importantly, he knew how much money he was making from Xavier's boss. He had already bought a house in Miami by the beach, which he plans to move into when he retires.

The two Ferraris in the garage of that house were courtesy of Xavier. All he had to do then was look the other way while the drug circulated. The more he looked away, the more his bank account smiled.

Xavier was not smiling now. He stood up and walked out of the office, down the hall and out of the building.

Deputy chief Wilson relaxed. He took a bottle of water on his table and drank from it. The door to his office opened and he looked up, a little startled. He thought it might be Xavier. It was Inspector Wafi, the same boy who was about to make him loose his retirement plan. He had nothing against the boy but he had something for making money.

Inspector Wafi sat down without being asked and said
"Good day sir."

Deputy Chief Wilson had a thought; to shoot Wafi right there and get this over with. He was the only obstacle standing before him and millions of dollars. A tiny but troublesome obstacle at that. 

"Good day Inspector Wafi, how can I help you", he said to Wafi. 

Wafi had that look. The look that a boy who discovered where his parents hid his favorite toy has.

"Sir, who was the man that just left your office now?" He asked Deputy Chief Wilson.

Deputy Chief Wilson was shocked by the question but he tried not to show. 
"Why do you want to know? he asked.
Wafi leaned closer in his seat. His face was now very close to the Deputy Chief's. 

"Sir, I think that man is a high ranking man in the Himano drug gang. He might even be the big fish we have been looking for. I have seen his face once before. And I am so sure it must be him."

Deputy Chief Wilson had the itch to take his gun off its hostler, point it to Inspector Wafi's head and blow his brains on the table before him but he rather smiled.

"I have the same feeling. And I will surely take him down," he said.

"So sir, what did he want? Did he come to warn you or something? Or wait sir, did he try to bribe you?"

Deputy Chief Wilson was trying hard. The itch was getting stronger. All he had to do was let his mind off and it will be all over in seconds.

"Can you imagine? He noticed that we were closing in on them and came to warn me to stay away. But I will never do that. And promise me you won't too. Taking that the Himano drug gang would be my legacy. I will retire with that legacy."

Wafi could not be happier. He rose and saluted Deputy Chief Wilson and then left the office.

Deputy Chief Wilson was angry. Very angry. He had to take care of this boy before something else happens. The boy was getting too close. When he was done with the boy, the next person to die would be the one he sent to kill Wafi in Birdview Avenue, Ivan.

**********************************************************************Please don't forget to leave your comments. Make me a better writer. Thank you.