EPISODE 1

September 28, 2012.

Immediately he turned away from the ice-cream stand, his son was gone. Mr. Hills was confused. His heart leapt from his chest. The ice-cream he had in his hand dropped.

How could this happen? Where the hell did Jason go? Where the hell did everyone go? There were many people in the park, parents with their kids but now everyone was gone.

It was just a little past 12 in the afternoon and the park was full of people but right now, it looked like they were never there.

A swing set was going up and down but no one was riding it. The rollercoaster ride was spinning fast but not a single soul was around. Bags of chips, unfinished food and kids shoes lay scattered on the playground floor beside neatly set picnic blankets but the owners were nowhere to be found. The whole playground was silent except for the screeching sounds of the swing set on its hinges.

How did this happen? It hadn't been up to a minute that he had turned to get the ice cream. The man that handed him the ice cream was gone too. Mr. Hills felt himself getting scared.

Suddenly, a tall, fair, middle aged woman in a flowery gown appeared out of nowhere. She was looking and smiling at Mr. Hills with a devilish smile like she had done something wrong and was happy she did.

Mr. Hills ran to the woman and asked if she had seen a boy who seemed lost. The woman suddenly went blank. Her face bereft of expression. Maybe Mr. Hills hadn't explained well. He tried frantically to describe to the woman how Jason looked. He is light skinned, blue eyes, about 3ft tall.

The woman smiled at Mr. Hills but stopped midway as a gunshot sound was heard. It echoed in Mr. Hills ears sending jitters down his spine. He could feel a liquid substance soaking his white shirt just below his breast pocket. He touched it. It was blood, his blood. He had been shot by the woman. She gave him a hateful look, turned and walked away.

As Mr. Hills fell to the floor, he spotted his son Jason lying on the grass three meters away in a pool of blood. He looked dead. Mr. Hills let out a cry of anger and pain. He tried to move towards Jason but he had lost all energy. His heart was aching and his legs were heavy. They felt like they were not his. He could feel his heart slowly shutting down.

He tried to drag himself on the floor towards Jason. He dug his left fingers into the soil and held a grass with his right hand. He pulled the grass towards himself and pushed his body forward leaving a smear of blood on the floor as he moved.

As he got near Jason, he discovered that what he feared was true. Jason was dead. He stretched his right hand to touch Jason but just then......

...............................................................
"Mr. Hills are you okay sir" said Miss Harlem.

"You were screaming. Was it another nightmare sir?"

Mr. Hills was now awake. It was a dream. He had been having this type of nightmare almost every day for the past 16yrs.

"Sir, i have made arrangements for your journey" Miss Harlem said.

She didn't want to ask about the nightmare. It wasn't the first time and she had never gotten an answer the other times she asked.

She had her head bowed down as a sign of respect.

Miss Harlem was a chubby woman in her mid-forties. She had big black eyes and fat lips to compliment them. She had a ponytail which she tucked into a hair pin. She was wearing a white flay gown that looked sparkling white like she just got it off the dry cleaners.

"Your food is ready sir"

"Thank you Miss Harlem," said Mr. Hills

"Will I be going with you today sir? "