35. He Has My Heart

Start from the beginning

Besides, one can't help who they fall in love with. The heart beats for who it wants. And since her body was already reacting to Nangong Longwei, it was only a matter of time before her soul and heart grew to love him, too.

Yu Zhenzhen closed her eyes and leaned forward, kissing the man with as much passion as she could muster, mixed with a sense of gentility. Sure it was shameless for a woman to make a move in this era, but she was a woman from the modern century, and this was the first time she was in love with someone.

Her parents would be happy to know that her heart was finally 'beating' for a man, hence the urge to want to marry him. If she was in the modern world, she would finally move out.

She continued to smash her soft lips against his, to which he finally started responding.

To say Nangong Longwei was surprised was an understatement. Never in his wildest dreams did he expect for the princess to show him attention, nonetheless affection. It had usually been him displaying any interest or affection, yet here stood the princess kissing him fervidly and gently.

He enjoyed the feeling so much that he wrapped one of his muscled arms around her small frame and pulled her closer, despite his pain and injuries.

The two kissed without a care for the world. At this moment, a man and a woman had realized the conclusion of their love for each other. A love that neither wanted to break apart, a love that filled both their hearts with happiness.

A love that caused both to be blind to the jealousy of a few, as an arrow whooshed in their direction. Once again, Nangong Longwei sensed the danger and pushed Yu Zhenzhen out of the way, allowing the arrow to embed itself deep in his stomach.

Yu Zhenzhen dry eyes began to swell up in tears again as Nangong Longwei sputtered out black blood, signs that the arrow had been poisoned.

Before anyone could react, Nangong Longwei slipped and fell backwards at a rapid speed until he splashed inside the water.

"LONGWEI!" Yu Zhenzhen cried out in horror. As she prepared to jump after him, a pair of strong arms held her back.

"Let me go!" Yu Zhenzhen was hysterical. She didn't care that she seemed mad, all that mattered was how he was at the bottom of the cliff, deep in the water. The intense pain felt like someone was continuously stabbing at her heart and she couldn't stop them.

Natsu Sin closed his eyes and clenched his fists in jealousy. "Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why him!?" He couldn't help but yell out. Envy was clouding his judgement as he watched the girl he had grown to fall in love with cry over some other man.

He continued, "He is a mere duke, while I am a prince. He has abused your trust, mistreated you, disrespected you! What does he have that I don't? Good looks? Status?"

Yu Zhenzhen averted her gaze and whispered, "He has my heart."

That silenced Natsu Sin's angry accusations and sudden pain erupted in his chest. Hearing those words were worse than any pain he had felt in his twenty-four years old living.

Yu Zhenzhen noticed his distraction and quickly ran to the edge of the cliff, ready to jump. Except this time, a different pair of arms held her back.

Shangming Yunwang's stoic eyes gave her a disapproving look and said, "Princess, you must not do foolish things that will cause any dangers to your life."

"Duke Nangong is swimming in the water, wounded! And you tell me not to behave foolish?"

Shangming Yunwang narrowed his eyes, "Princess, didn't you annul your engagement? The man should have no relation to you."

Yu Zhenzhen stubbornly shook of his arms, "Once he is recused, I will marry him."

"...Princess, do you except the emperor to keep allowing you to force him to change his words?"

Yu Zhenzhen frowned, "I'll change his mind, somehow. For now, please let me go search for him."

Shangming Yunwang sighed, "I already have the guards that came with us search the area under the cliff. They should report in an hour or so-"

Right as he said that, a guard quickly ran up to them and bowed, "Reporting to your highness and temporary general,"

Shangming Yunwang gave Yu Zhenzhen an encouraging smile, "Never mind, seems like they have finished looking." Yu Zhenzhen nodded and her stiff posture relaxed a bit. Shangming Yunwang turned his attention to the guard, "So, where is the duke?"

The guard gulped nervously and said, "Reporting to temporary general, Duke Nangong could not be found."

Yu Zhenzhen stiffened and her knees buckled, causing her to collapse on her ground. Her vision was blurry with fresh tears and she crawled to the edge of the cliff, ready to jump off.

Luckily, Shangming Yunwang caught her before she could do anything, but the princess turned berserk without any care for her appearance. "Let me go! Let me die with him! Stupid bastard, let me go-"

Shangming Yunwang mumbled an apology to the royal family and pressed a pressure point on Yu Zhenzhen's neck, immediately causing her to black out.

👑👑👑

Wow! Intense chapter, aye?

Tried to make it as tearful as possible 😢

Anyways, next chapter's going to be preview... a preview that's going to blow your mind away, so make sure you absolutely want to read it.