20. Unpleasant Kidnappers and Horrible Sailor Moon Impressions

"Who is it?" Yu Zhenzhen asked cautiously. She posed in the most basic karate move that she remembered from the class she took a long time ago-front stance. Her hands were held and even Er Xi gasped, "Princess you know martial arts?"

Haha.

Of course I do...not.

Yu Zhenzhen ignored Er Xi's question and asked again, "Who is it? Reveal thyself! In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!" She proceeded to pose like Sailor Moon, but she ended up slipping and falling flat on her face.

Blood trickled down her nose but she didn't care. She just wished the earth would crack open a hole so she could jump in it. She, Yu Zhenzhen, had managed to embarrass herself in front of a mysterious figure that may or may not have been there to kidnap her.

She felt big hands lift her like a sack of potatoes and suddenly she was flying.

"Ah! Let me go! Do you even have a flying license? You are a horrible pilot! I'm telling you, I'm a princess and touching me can get you in serious trouble!" The figure ignored her and she continued to use her tiny fists to bang on his back.

"Let me go or I'll barf on your back!" Yu Zhenzhen threatened and the figure stiffened. Suddenly, Yu Zhenzhen was finally placed on the ground and she sighed relieved.

She glared at the masked figure, "You stupid person! Kidnapping someone is not a way to get in good graces with the monarch!"

A deep voice chuckled and Yu Zhenzhen was able to finally get a better look at the face of her kidnapper.

"WHAT!? It's you!"

👑👑👑

"Er Xi, tell me how you want me to punish you? The princess had barely woken up yet she was kidnapped right in front of you!" Emperor Yu bellowed in anger.

His precious daughter was kidnapped right in his palace! This was a disgrace and insult to the imperial clan of Yu. If word got out, he would lose all face!

"Your majesty..." Er Xi cried, "Nubi is but a weak servant. Nubi deserves to be punished."

Emperor Yu sighed and waved her away, "I'll let Zhen Zhen deal with your punishment whenever we get back. For now, summon the imperial general and prime minister! And the duke!"

About an hour or so later, five figures appeared in front of the emperor and bowed. Three of the figures looked to be barely in their early twenties.

"Prime Minister Ouyang, General Shangming, why did you bring your sons with you? Did the messenger not inform you that the first princess has been kidnapped!?"

The four deeply bowed as Prime Minister Ouyang said, "Your highness, I brought Dichen with me to help search for the first princess."

General Shangming nodded, "I as well. Yunwang is excellent at tracking down people. I believe he is able to track down the kidnapper and the princess."

Emperor Yu turned his attention to Nangong Longwei, "Oh? I'm surprised you didn't bring anyone as well."

An emotion flashed through the cold, phoenix eyes, but he covered it up before anyone else could notice. He cupped his hands and bowed, "How could I bring someone when it was the emperor's wish for me to come only? Who am I to go above the emperor's request?" His last sentence was pointed at the two elders as they paled.

The emperor held a blank face and pretended he didn't catch what the duke was suggesting. His current attention was to find Yu Zhenzhen before the empress found out her daughter was kidnapped only a few hours after awakening from her coma.

Before emperor Yu could say anything else, a person burst inside and demanded, "Father emperor, I want to go search for Zhen Zhen as well. Please allow this brother to go look for his sister."

Emperor Yu nodded as he gave the six people the harshest look he could muster, "I expect to see my daughter in less than a week."

They all bowed deeply and immediately strode off.

👑👑👑

Short chapter, I'm sorry 👾
But I wanted to keep the suspense of who kidnapped Zhenzhen.

Speaking of who kidnapped Zhenzhen, who do you think did it?

New character/guy that will be in our MC's harem-Shangming Yunwang, son of the general ;)

Also, do you think I should start doing chapter previews? Like post only a bit of a chapter and then post the remaining chapter later? That way, you could at least read 300-500 words of the chapter before the full 700-1500 words is posted. That way, you could be satisfied with the preview until I can get my procrastinating butt going and post write the chapter...

You guys can vote on it and I'll take majority:

YES to previews

NO to previews

And one last thing...

''Tis time for a cover change! You might've already seen one of the choices since it's being used as the cover right now until the cover with the majority votes replaces it

Goodness

Goodness...

With all the voting I'm sure you're dizzy...

Here's a lollipop to help 🍭

Until the next update 🤓