Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“What can I get you?” I asked the costumer nice.

Yes I have a job now and two long and wonderful months had passed by quickly. My new favorite friend was Chase; he basically made my day every day. I could seriously not get tired of his jokes, they were just too funny. So was his little brother Chad. I have met him only once and didn’t spend any time with him but I guess that would happen soon or later now that Chase and I were that close.

“A cheeseburger with fries and a coke please” the costumer ordered

“Anything else I can get you?” I asked after I had scribbled down his order on a small notepad.

“No I am good” he said and I turned to serve his food after I left his order in the kitchen.

“One Cheeseburger with fries” I said to the staff in the kitchen.

“Yes ma’am” Nathan replied as he took the little note I had in my hand with the order written on.

Yes, we work together and we are working on our friendship as well. He isn’t rude anymore and he turned out not to be bipolar which was really good. He was special and he made me curious but I still believe that we could get closer than this.

This was my last shift and after that I could go home but I had already had made plans with Nate.

“You ready?” Nathan asked and I nodded in respond.

“Let’s go then” He said gesturing for me to go with him “Where do you want to go?”  He asked as we walked out in the late summer air. A chilly wind made me shiver slightly “Anywhere that doesn’t include being outside.

He rubbed the back of his neck “We can go to your place then?” my eyes widened in shock as I remembered how messy my place was “No!” I answered way too quickly “It’s a mess, don’t want to make any wrong impressions” I joked.

He laughed and shook his head amused “it’s okay, I don’t mind”

“No, why don’t we just go to yours?” I asked

“No your place or nothing” He said

“Why don’t you want me see where you live?” I crossed my arms

“You don’t let me see where you leave” he said mocking me

“I haven’t said that” I defended

“Then let me come, and we don’t need to have this discussion” he said simply

“Fine” i gave up “this time you won, but wait until next time” I said as I pulled him with me to my apartment”  

“It is not that messy” he said matter of factly as he bumped down on my couch.

“So” I started after a couple of minutes of silence “Tell me a little about you”

“What do want to know” he replied with his gaze still concentrated on the TV.

“um, how did you and Chase meet? And for how long have you been friends?”

“Childhood friends, 15 years” he said still watching the cartoon show like his life depended on it.

“Turn that damn TV off” I hissed at him irritated but I didn’t get any respond so I snapped the remote control from his hand and turned it off.