Chapter 14

Chapter 14

”I’m coming!”  I shouted back at Chase’s impatiently car horns.  Not that he did hear me because either he was ignoring me or he didn’t hear, I mean that must be why he is wasting his car battery.

I rushed one last time through the apartment and grabbed my bag and an umbrella before I practically ran out to where Chase was waiting. 

“What took you so long?” he screamed over the sound of the rainstorm.

“I didn’t wake up in time” I breathed heavily as I put the seatbelt on.

“Why? Didn’t sleep well last night?” Chase asked with pure concern in his voice

“Nope” I said avoiding his face

“Why” he asked and I could feel his gaze burning a hole on my head

“It’s nothing really” I waved my hand and tried to act natural

“Come on, I know you good enough to know that you haven’t slept well for two weeks now and that’s not for no reason Mariah”

“Chase-“

“Don’t ‘Chase’ me, just talk to me” he tilted his head to the side “What is going on?”

I hesitated a lot before I decided that I actually could trust him with this. If I didn’t talk about it then it would drive me crazy.

I let out a sigh before I spoke

“Can I talk to you later?” I asked not feeling ready

Chase just nodded and drove us to the school. He parked the car and we both got out at the same time.

“Hey” Nathan greeted and sneaked his arm around my waist

“Hey” I greeted back less happy than him and shook his arm off me

I just felt guilty every time I saw him.

“What day is it?” I asked confused

“Thursday” Chase said slowly and stared at me like I was crazy

“Oh that means that we have 2 hours English” Nathan groaned

The three of us walked up to the class and took a seat in the middle of the room. Like always I sat between them, if I didn’t they would end up killing each other.

The teacher was talking non-stop but my mind wandered away back home, back to Lucas that I haven’t spoken to in 3 weeks.

“Mariah?” Chase poked my shoulder gently

“Hm?” I jerked awake

“Didn’t you hear mr Jonson? We can have the other hour off because we worked so well today?”  

“He said that?” I asked surprised that I didn’t hear it

“Yeah come on let’s go somewhere we can talk” he helped me up and dragged me with him to the music room.

Good place I thought for myself. This place was literally abandoned since nobody here was into music and they didn’t give out that course. I liked it though.

“So pit it out” 

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. This is good for you, I thought for myself.

“Okay” I started slowly “You remember when I first came her right?”

Chase nodded his head for me to continue.

“I just got curious with Nathan. He was different and got my attention. –we started to hang out and at first I just wanted to write my finale report about his weird behavior. That was until I got to know him for real, then he became my friend and he started to be nice to me, even though he’s an ass to others. But that’s not the point; the point is that lied to him right after that he had told me that he hate lies” I duck my head as a wave of sadness washed over me.