Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“Honey, come and visit us soon. I haven’t seen you in 3 months now”

“We will see when I am can take some time off mom” I said to her again for the sixth time now during this conversation.

“I have to go now bye love you!” I hung up quickly before she would start whining again. I didn’t mind that but Nate had been waiting for me by the door over twenty minutes now. We are going to buy Chase a birthday present and after that we would catch a movie afterwards.

“Mariah!” Nathan yelled when I sneaked in to my bedroom “Don’t make me wait anymore”

I felt like a ninja because I managed to sneak to my bedroom without him dragging me out in my sweatpants and t shirt, I didn’t want people to see me like that. After my happy dance I took my clothes off and there I stood in my underwear’s about to pick an outfit when the door burst open and Nate walked in like he owned the place. His eyes widened first but then his usual smirk was on.

“Nice, have you been working out?” he said not feeling ashamed of himself at all.

“Get out!” I screamed trying to cover myself with my hands.

“Do I have to?” he pouted and giving me his puppy eyes. That look made my stomach flutter with emotions. He was so cute right now!

“Yes, you have to!” I turned him so he was facing the door and he walked out.

I shook my head and muttered ‘this kind of thing must stop happening’

After a couple of minutes I decided to settle with a pair of black skinny jeans with a white tank top. Since it was getting a little bit chillier outside I decided to wear a black and red plaid simple shirt that reached down my mid ties. That was definitely better I nodded to myself and went out to were Nate was standing cross armed leaning against the wall.

“We can go now” I said awkwardly.

*

After two hours of shopping we couldn’t find anything for Chase’s birthday present.

“My feet hurt” I whined

“Believe me, mine too” Nathan replied

“I don’t know what to buy him” I gave up; I didn’t want to do this anymore. It was boring.

“That kid has everything already” Nathan said

“I know!” An idea hit me

“What?”

I pulled my phone out from my jeans pocket and flipped through it before I showed Nathan the screen.