Chapter 5

Please read authors note in the end.

Chapter 5

"I can't believe that we are done with high school" Vicky sighed.

Today did we did finish our last day of school! The graduation ceremony went out pretty good, nobody fell down or anything. I was more than thrilled to graduate; it meant that I was closer to my dream. So basically today was my last day with my friends and family for a good while so we decided to celebrate us graduating and me going away to Forks tomorrow. I had already packed everything so I had nothing to do for the whole day.

"Yeah" I agreed. "I'll miss this" I added after. Vicky turned her head and realization was written all over her face. "I'll miss so much Mariah" the tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"Don't cry V, it is still a whole day left for us to spend together" trying to blink the tears away I forced a sad faked smile. She didn't stop sobbing though and I surely didn't want to see her cry, it could make me change my mind of leaving and I didn't want to do that. "You're ruining your make up and your eyes are starting to get puffy" I lied to make her stop. She froze still and brought her face to her rearview mirror. I couldn't help to fight back a smile, she did actually purchase that.

"Anyway" Vicky started by turning her head away from her reflection "Are you nervous?"Thank god for topic changing.

"Like hell!" I admitted. I didn't know anyone there. What if I got lost? Or robbed? Maybe raped, oh my God! Ok maybe this wasn't any better topic to talk about so I changed the subject before she could answer "We are here" I said quickly as she parked outside of the nice little local diner. Vicky smiled and we got out of her car to meet up with our parents and friends. "Soooo hungryyyy" I heard Lucas whine. I rolled my eyes at him and headed in to the diner. Our parents were busy chatting about their kids and how proud they were of us to graduate. Vicky Lucas and Robin were talking about what they would do during the summer. Everybody was so busy that none of them noticed when the poor shy waiter was standing beside out tables too scared to interrupt our conversations. I ordered my favorite, chocolate pancakes with a chocolate milkshake.

We ate and had lots of fun but the time was slowly rolling to its ending. It was time to go home. Lucas and Vicky would sleep over at my place tonight, just to stay extra longer with me then they would drive me to the airport. As soon as I was home I went straight to bed, I had a long day ahead of tomorrow and the plane would lift at 05:15 so I needed to leave at least two hours before.

............................................................................................................................................................

At the airport was Lucas struggling with my bags, poor boy. My mum and Vicky were all crying, I didn't want to cry, not yet. We still had 10 minutes left until I needed to go. I couldn't hold it any more as soon I was standing outside the gate I was going to get my plane my tears threatened in my eyes and I broke down in a sob.

"I'll come and visit during every holiday" I sobbed. My mom and Vicky sobbed worse than me.

"Miss, can I see your passport and ticket" the man behind the desk said.

Before I could go Lucas drew me in to his chest and kissed the life out of me.

"Miss I need to close the door, are you going on or not?"

"God alright, alright" I growled still with tears in my eyes. I sighed and took a last look of my mom, boyfriend and best friend before I got on the plane.

Sitting in my seat patiently until we landed I was still sad, but I was talking myself in to changing my instincts. I would see it in a good and positive way! I would only be away for a year and that would pass quicker than I expected it to. The time seemed never to end so I drifted slowly in sleep and then everything went black.

"Miss?" a woman's voice escaped into my ears "Miss? Wake up we landed five minutes ago" she continued and I slowly opened my eyes to see her too close to my face for my liking. "I am not dead" I informed her to answer her concerned face. Relief took over her look as I got up and grabbed my bag to walk down towards the yellow taxi waiting for me as planned. The taxi driver was standing with a sign with my name written on it. I waved at him and he smiled and offered me some help with my bags. He already knew where I was going because Mr. Banks had already fixed this. Mr. Banks is kind of my supervisor he'll be taking care of me and help me. The taxi parked outside a yellow building. I stepped out and so did the driver he took my three big bags and walked me too where I was suppose to live during the next 12 months. He handed me a key that Mr. Banks had given him to give it to me. I opened the door eagerly and the place was just perfect for me. The whole apartment was white, the furniture, the kitchen and the walls. It was really small but because of the white color it looked bigger than just on lounge room, a kitchen, a single bedroom and two bathrooms, one in the bedroom and one down the hall for guests. The taxi driver left my bags in the bedroom and with one wave he was gone. I locked the room and started to unpack my bags, putting all my clothes in the closet, cleaning the place al little. After two hours of cleaning and fixing the place up I was exhausted. The time was 10 pm and I surely needed to sleep if I was going to the field at 8 am tomorrow. I slipped down in to my pajamas and then to my bed for a goodnight sleep. Tomorrow was a big day and I couldn't get any more nervous as I already was.

.......................................................................................................................................

This might be the worst I ever wrote, but I am not in any mood lately and my exams are eating me alive. School is getting me depressed this time of the year. But I promise you next chapter will be much, much better! New characters and Nathan will enter the story, I am sorry for this one :( it was more like a filler chapter. Ugh I keep writing but I never get to where the fun will start. Anyways I am going to sleep.

Take care :)