"So I sneaked out with my brothers, Riley and Brennan, they were always on my side for some reason. They never once sided with Dad. I followed my instinct, and lead my brothers into the woods. We walked softly but quickly, like a ninja. Unseen and unheard. Our footsteps were light in the snow and we made sure not to leave tracks.

I rolled my eyes. He chose ninja out of all the super human figures? Ninja? At this thought, I earned an annoyed look from Nate.

"Suddenly, we smelt them. The rogues. There were about seven of them and we, being the overconfident young wolves we are, reckoned we could handle them ourselves but Riley headed back to warn the others and we decided to investigate.

"I scared. I have never encountered rouges before in my entire life. I was shaking so bad in my wolf form Brennan had to take the lead.

I had to smirk at this, earning a glare from Nate. Nate was often known as the fearless big bad boy. Not so fearless anymore, huh? I asked him in the mind link. Nate growled a little, feigning hurt ego and ignored my comment.

"As we got nearer, I saw a boy not much older than I was stumbling into the clearing. I was sure he was a werewolf. His small built told me he was quick and fast, but not strong. He had white blonde hair; almost as white as the snow it was translucent. He had beautiful emerald eyes that sparkled in the dim lights. He looked like an angel, without wings of course. The bags under his eyes told me he had little sleep for a long time. There were old and new cuts and brusies everywhere. The angel heard the rogues approaching but didn't run. He seemed slightly frightened and confused.

I snorted. Angel? Seriously? Nate ignored me again and continued.

"Run! Run! I shouted in my head, hoping somehow he could hear me. Run before it's too late!

I had to agree that I seemed to hear someone shouting that in my head. Nate smiled. We loved the special connection we shared. I could sense and feel his thoughts and he can do the same. We never bothered teling anyone or bothered to find out why. It wasn't because we were mates, we weren't. We were just normal besties.

"The angel seemed to get my message and transformed into a magnificent wolf. He was a white werewolf. White werewolves are extremly rare and rumoured to be really powerful, but I think he's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life!

I grunted at the mention of being cute.

"As I was saying, Angel attempted to growl at the rogues and fight but the tiredness was holding him back.

"Brennan increased speed, as the rogues got closer to the angel. He was sprinting and suddenly he flew in the air and tackled three of the wolves. I followed in suit, leaping in the air and handled two myself. It was only a while till I realized that the rogues were stronger than us. Angel had to fend two rogues himself and I could tell he was gonna break soon.

"Soon, Riley brought the pack. The rogues, clearly knowing that if they stay and finish us off, they will be finished off too so they left us. Brennan had a lot of bruises and cuts and he was better off than angel.

"Angel was dying. Angel was weak and losing too much blood. I didn't want Angel to die. I wanted to do something. Anything. I carried him with my weary hands and ran to the pack house.

"Everyone was shouting and questioning me when I arrived but all I could feel was pain before I blacked out with Angel in my arms."

"Angel was fine, Amy, the pack doctor, said many many times. He knocked his head pretty hard and might have a concussion. He has broken one or two ribs and was dehydrated.

"Hearing that Angel survived made my day. I had bruises at random places and had to snitch up a long cut on my side but otherwise, I was perfectly fine. The rogues were lucky, if they touched my precious face; I swear I would bury them alive! Angel was fine. I was Angel's best friend since then. I never regret saving his life."

I burst out laughing at the face part. Nate was just so funny even when he wasn't attempting to be. I smiled again and realized that I've stopped shaking. I stopped being afraid. Nate always makes everything all right in the end. He knew we weren't mates but still he treats me like his most treasured item. His mate would be extremely lucky to have him.

"Thanks for saving my butt, Nate," I said, feeling much better now.

"No problem, you owe me one though," he grinned.

"Sure, sure," I said.

We chatted till we were too tired to move. I leaned on Nate and fell asleep again, this time, in the wonderful presence of my best friend.

*************************

AW...Isn't Nate just so sweet?

Comment!