17. Comatose Princess

Start from the beginning

Starlight was a five-star restaurant that only the best of the best ate at. It was extremely expensive yet had delicious food. It was also the restaurant where Zheng Mimi was head chef.

Zheng Mimi raised a brow at the daring intern and another intern quickly elbowed the idiot who had spoken about eggs to the head chef. Everyone, including those who dined at Starlight, knew that the head chef had recently developed ovaphobia, or fear of eggs. Why? Nobody knew. They just knew to not mention or show eggs near Zheng Mimi.

Yet here stood an ignorant intern asking to make an egg omelette.

The intern glared at her friend before clasping her mouth in shock. She muttered her apologies repeated and begged not to be fired as an intern.

Zheng Mimi shook her head and gave her a kind smile, "It's okay. It is pretty ridiculous of me to even have such a strange phobia, but then again, you can't help what you're scared of."

She waved it off as both the interns quickly scurried off to busy themselves with an assignment. Zheng Mimi checked the time and bid her colleagues adieu.

The moment she left, whispers broke out about her.

"Do you guys notice that head chef has gotten a lot prettier since her coma? Like supermodel gorgeous?" A minor chef asked loudly.

Another one nodded in agreement, "Yeah, ever since getting out of the hospital, her features have somehow enhanced!"

"Plastic surgery?" A third chef voiced.

"Nah," the first chef said. "Her body had been extremely weak after being released since she was in a coma for so long. She couldn't even walk for a while! How could her body handle going under the knife?"

The others nodded mumbling true, true.

"So does that mean..." the second chef paused. "The hospital caused her to have a puberty spurt?"

The others laughed at the suggestion. The first chef wiped away a fear stray tears, "It is the only logical explanation. Otherwise, it was the work of aliens!"

"But one thing we can all agree on..." a fourth chef suddenly said.

"Is that she looks super hot!" They said in synchronization.

Suddenly, they heard the kitchen door open and Zheng Mimi stepped inside.

She gave a sweet yet threatening smile, "I forgot my purse. I can see that all of you are all doing your jobs every diligently. Seems like I don't need to fire anyone anytime soon."

The chefs all paled at her warning and quickly scurried to do their job, not daring to gossip anymore. Even after Zheng Mimi left, the kitchen held a dead silence as the atmosphere was filled with fear.

👑👑👑

Here is another update :)

Note, the reason I suddenly unpublished my novels was because I found out someone was plagiarizing Revenge of the Female Tiger.

I was really disappointed and didn't know what to do, so I decided to unpublish my stories.

I posted a message on my board and the plagiarizer immediately PMed me with an apology and removed their story.

Since she apologized and deleted, I decided to let it go and not drag it out anymore and republished everything.

But guys, don't plagiarize. That's just messed up and it is so frustrating for the person that is being plagiarized. Imagine if someone did that to your hard work and claimed that as their own... not a nice feeling, right?

I'm not accusing anyone nor do I wish to cause any trouble. I'm just saying, if you don't want karma to come bite you in the ass, don't do it.

Anywho...
it's more explained on my profile bio. Which I will delete the explanation after a few days, but for now, it's left to serve a warning.

I'm sorry for this long author's note.

Thanks for reading 💛