Honesty Hour

A/N: Crash has officially reached 1k!!!!! Thanks everyone! I have a lot in store for that book so y'all look out. Tell your friends. 😀

Chris

I watched as my mom attempted to do CPR on Nicole. I was hoping this was all a joke. But as time grew older,  it proved to be just the opposite. I said a quiet silent to God, hoping that Nicole didn't go to the light. All I wanted to do was help her at this point. I just hoped that I wasn't too late.

I stood as the doorbell rung. I got up to let the first responders in. And they followed me upstairs. My mom stood as soon as they came into the bathroom. She got out of their way, and joined me in the door way. As soon they got to Nicole, both men shared a look with each other. They pulled out their equipment, and got to work. One man was doing chest compressions, while the other used the bag valve mask.

Then they switched in between. They began periodically checking her pulse

"Still nothing?" One first responder said

The other man shook his head.

"Get out the A.e.d."

The man reached in his bag. He pulled out this machine, and began placing the pads on Nicole's chest. The machine prompted the first responders to remove their hands. The machine beeped three times, then Nicole's body jerked violently. The first responders waited a few minutes, then they checked her pulse again. Then they reset the machine again so they could shock her again.

And after the second attempt, they still didn't find a pulse. They pulled the chest pads off Nicole's body. Then they pulled out the black bag out. All I could do was shake my head.

"I'm sorry, but we couldn't save her."

That statement hit me hard. It was once of my worst fears. But I already knew it before they even got to my house. I was just hoping for a miracle though.

My mom on the other hand didn't take as well as I had. She began screaming at the top of lungs. She ran into the bathroom, and she hugged Nicole's lifeless body to her chest. She rocked back and forth, and she screamed at Nicole to wake up. But her cries fell on deaf ears. It was honestly too late.

"ISN'T THERE MORE YOU DO?" She screamed at the men

It was hard to watch. I haven't seen my mom this upset in a while.

"Ma'am we're sorry, but she's dead. "

"She was like a daughter-" My mom's voice cracked

I walked in and grabbed my mama. I pulled her out of the bathroom. Because I knew it wasn't making it hard for the men to do their job. I grabbed her hand and I pulled her right out of the house. It was in the best interest of the both of us at this point. We sat on the front porch steps and I hugged her, while tears streamed down my face. My mom buried her face into my chest, and I rocked her back and forth. A few minutes later the first responders came out of house. Nicole's body was concealed in a black bag. And that bag laid on top of a stretcher.

I watched as they loaded her body in the back. They shut the doors to the ambulance. And one of the men got in and started the truck. But the other one walked over to us. My mom pulled away from me, and looked up at the man.

"I'm really sorry about your loss. But we're taking her to Norton's hospital. Are you her spouse?" The man questioned me.

"Nope."

"Okay well, I need you to get in touch with her family. Because they have to decide what to do with her body."

"Okay." I replied

And with that he walked off of my property. He got in the truck, and they drove off. A few of the neighbors were standing outside watching us. My mom sat frozen in her spot. She stared blankly ahead. She still had tears coming down her face. I stood up and went back in the house.

When I came back in, I went straight up to Nicole's room. I was searching for phone. That was the only way I could get in touch with Nicole's family. I didn't find her phone in her room. So I sat on the bed. I put my head in my hands. I was truly starting to get frustrated.

But something told me to check the pillows. And my gut feeling was right. Because when I moved the pillow, that was closest to me out of the way, it revealed her phone. There was a note taped to the front and back of the phone. The front of the phone had my note and the back contained my mom's note.

I grabbed my note, and I tossed her phone back on the bed. I unfolded the note and took a deep breath.

Dear Chris,

If you're reading this, then I'm no longer living. And the truth is, I was thinking about doing this, for a long time now. I haven't been happy for a while. And you started to realize, that something was bothering me at the end. But only at the end. And that was because I couldn't stand to hold in my misery anymore.

I knew this relationship was doomed from the start. And it was all because I broke my rule. I never broke that rule for anyone in the past. I never should've dated you, because you were my client. And doctors aren't supposed to do that. Our relationship should've been strictly professional.

But I couldn't resist your quick wit. I couldn't resist your good looks. I couldn't resist your overwhelming confidence. You could say I was intrigued. But I want to thank you for being there for me, while I dealt with Jacob's shenanigans. You were truly a breath of fresh air.

But one thing I couldn't get past was how you treated our unborn child. You made me feel like the worst person on earth. Even after we started to get back on track, you still weren't happy with me. I seen those pictures of you out with that other girl. And that's what led me to paying  Jacob a visit. I had to know why he did what he did.

It seemed to no matter what you did to me, I always still had love for you. But I wasn't entirely innocent either. So I apologize. I'm sorry I was never good enough for you. I will always love you. So take a few days to process everything, and go be great. I want you to make the greatest album ever. But please don't dedicate to me.

Love,

Nicole Marie Rema