Stagnant Complications

A/N: This a quick filler chapter!

Chris

After Nicole and her animals, I mean family left, I went about my business. My family tried to get me to speak about that situation that took place, but I refused it's not my problem. I'm not going to be disrespected in my own home. My mom and auntie volunteered to cook dinner for everyone. I'm beyond excited, because they throw down in the kitchen.

After dinner was ready, my fat ass struggled to the bathroom to wash my hands.  Right when I did the taxing effort of using crutches to get dinner table, and tried to to sit in front of my plate, my mom took my plate away from me.

"Aye what cha doing?"

"You need to call Nicole."

"She'll come back if she wants." I said grabbing at my plate.

"No right now", She shoved her phone at me, "Here I wanna see you call her."

I grabbed her phone and dialed Nicole's number. It kept ringing and ringing and ringing, but it never stopped, so I just hung up. But my mom made at face at me, and I called back again."

"Hello?" She answered

"Yeah it's Chris."

"Chris I'm in the hospita-"

"You good Bih?"

"I got into a car acciden-"

"Alright I see you good now."

I hung on her after that. As long as she wasn't dead, then I was good.

"Christopher that was rude." My dad said

"Right she was trying to tell you she's in the hospital." My aunt said

I tried to grab my plate from my mom, but she walked over to and placed some aluminum foil on my plate. Then she put my food in the refrigerator. To say I was pissed was an understatement. If I could walk, I would have definitely taken my plate and ran. Unfortunately I still can't run, let alone walk.

"Well when I find out what hospital she's in, I'll you know. I might even let you eat your plate in the car." My mom walked off

"Alright she's at the hospital about twenty minutes from here. Do you want to go today or tomorrow?"

"Never."

"Alright today it is."

My mom walked over to me and held her hand out. When I stood she handed me my crutches. Then she unlocked her car doors, so I could get in. She went back inside, and my eyes lit up when I saw my plate.

********

The whole way over to the hospital was pretty quiet. I didn't really want to go, but my mom insisted that we should go. My mom went up to the front desk, while I just kind of stayed behind.

They told us her room, but I didn't go in. I just stood in the hallway, while my mom went in. But when my mom went in, Nicole's mom and aunts were coming out. They're faces were tear stained, and they made quick eye contact with me, before adverting their eyes and walking off.

My mom came out of the room, "Can you please go in the room?"

"And why should I?"

"Don't be like that." She warned

"I mean I just wanna go home to be honest."

"Just go and pop in your head for a minute."

"Okay fine, but after that we leave."

When I walked in she looked kind beat up. She had a bandage going across her head. She a few bruises on her faces and hands.

I looked her and she looked at me. It was very awkward to say the least. Since she didn't have anything to say, I started making my way toward the door.

"Wait!" She said

I turned around, "I didn't think you would come." She said

"I wasn't, you can think my mom." I said nonchalantly

"Oh look I'm sorry about my family-"

"What exactly do you want out of this relationship?" I asked curiously

"What do you mean?"

"What do you want? Money? Fame? Dick?"

"You think I'm using you?" She frowned

"I mean what is it Nicole? DO YOU WANT TO BE MY GIRL OR MY FRIEND?!" I yelled the last part

"Girl-"

"No you don't! Admit it already. We've haven't really progressed into a formal relationship."

"Yes we have Chris. I'm just got out of shitty relationship, you could try and cut me some slack. It seems like more and more stressful information, keeps being brought forward."

"So you're gonna keep blaming Jacob? Is that you're an answer for talking rude to people? Is that your answer, when you judge people without knowing them? Is that your answer, when you drove Makayla to killing herself?"

I must of really hit a nerve, because she refused to make eye contact with me. When she closed her eyes, some tears fell down her cheeks. But she didn't open her eyes again. Then she finally opened her eyes, only to stare at random objects around the room.

"You know I really do want a relationship with you."

I laughed, "You don't show it."

"I defended you in front of everyone! I never talked to my mom that way. But I did it because I care for you. I wouldn't stand for them to bad mouth you. Because you were kind enough to let me stay at your house."

"Please save the shit. I'm done with you."

"Why?" She cried

I walked over to the door, "Jacob doesn't control your life, you do. Stop using your anger from him on other people. When you figure that out, then maybe we can work something out."

~~~~~~

I'm going to stop playing, and discuss the trial next chapter😉

Was Chris too harsh? Or was he right?

Oh and thanks everyone! My book reached 5.7k, 717 votes, 1k comments!! I love y'all. ❤️✊🏽👌🏾💯