A Brewing Storm

Nicole
March 4th

Days and days have gone by, and still no word from Chris. I just look down at my feet, and start to tear up. To know that he doesn't want nothing with this baby is disappointing.

Maybe I should abort it.

Or I need to go back to Houston. Either way I'm going to need help with this baby.

What is my mama gonna say?

I'm 25 and pregnant. Not married, and never have been. I got one crazy ex that likes to compromise people's lives, and another that won't accept his baby. Well I guess it could be worse.

Time to stop feeling sorry for myself. Because if I keep thinking about it, I'm going to go crazy.

I called in sick today. But I wasn't sick. I had the annoying morning sickness, but I was still able bodied enough to work. However I just needed a break, even if it was just a day off I needed it. I was currently curled up in front of the tv, with a quart of ice cream. I couldn't stay comfortable for long, because I had a doctors appointment scheduled after work.

When it was five o'clock my relax time had ended. I had to slip on my shoes, and force myself to walk to my car.

********

"Lay back and raise your shirt up for me."

I follow her instructions, as she followed the instructions to prep for my ultrasound.

"You heart that sound?" She smiled

"Yeah."

"That's your baby's heart beat."

"Isn't that kind of fast?" I raised an eyebrow

"No that's about normal. Your baby's fine, so don't worry." She turned off the machine.

She wiped off my belly, and continued to clean off the machine. I pulled my shirt down and I looked at her.

"Have you been taking your prenatal vitamins regularly?"

"Yes I have."

"Well then you're free to go. Set an appointment up at the front desk. Tell them you're suppose to come back in a couple weeks."

********

I decided to go see Chris. I rather him be involved in this child's life, then it to grow up fatherless.

When I pulled up in his drive way, I was fine. But I knew that far from the hard part. Getting the courage to actually get out of this car, and see if he's even going to hear me out. I don't even know why I try sometimes. It's probably just a lost cause.

Well here goes nothing....

I walked up to his door, and rung the door bell. I stood there for a good minute. Then I rung it couple of more times. I got tired of standing there. When I was about to turn around and go back to my car, but I hear the door being tampered with.

Chris answered the door, and he looked me up and down. He was in a robe and house shoes. He didn't even say hello, he just stood at the door and stared at me.

"Hey Chris." I looked down

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah with your child."

He sighed. And I knew right then and there it was about to be an argument. But I just had to know why he's treating me this way.

"Listen Nicole, I told you about your options."

After that statement my tear ducts instantly started filling. The lump in my throat formed. I just stared at him, while he continued to rip my heart to shreds.

"If you want to talk come back some other time because I'm busy."

"You're busy." I laughed

The tears started streaming down my face. I shook at my head Chris's last phrase.

"Too busy for the mother of your child?"

"Chris." I heard a female say

Then I looked down and saw arms wrapping around stomach. She leaned over, so she could see that I was the one he was talking to.

"Who are you?" The young thot said

I turned to her, "Don't worry about it." I pointed to Chris, "If you're seeing this man, you'll be just like me crying on his door step."

I walked away from them, and headed back to my car.

I meant everything I said to that girl. She's gonna be just like me.

And that's a damn fool....

~~~~~

Okay sorry about the long wait guys. School started yesterday, and I've been preparing for it.

Anybody got some bleach?