Looking In A New Light

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating. I've gotten real busy sorry about that guys.

Nicole
August 19th

I lazily got up and got ready for work. I put my bob cut weave into a half up half down hair style. While I was cooking breakfast Jacob came down the steps texting on his phone. He came over and kissed me on the cheek, then he sat at the island texting some more.

He know how I feel about that shit. Is he intentionally trying to piss me off?

"So Jacob who you texting?"

He stuck his finger up, "Hold on."

He better put that phone down in 5, 4, 3, 2,-

"Oh I'm just texting this girl from work." He said, looking up

"And what's her name? When will I be able to meet her?"

I can't even hold his attention for five seconds, because he's right back on his phone.

"You know what forget it, make your own damn breakfast." I said walking out out of the house.

******

On my way to Chris's house I stopped at Mc Donald's. When I arrived outside his house it was a gate that I didn't know the passcode to. So I had to call his mama again just to get in.

"Hey how you been Nicole?" Ms. Hawkins said hugging me.

"I've been great." I lied

She grabbed my hand and started showing me around the house. It was a very nice house. It was very big and spacious. I loved the decor and it smelled nice in here.
Finally she showed me the room Chris was in. Ms. Hawkins knocked on the door and I heard the tv cut off.

When she opened the door, I saw Chris turn his head our direction. He was laying comfortably on his bed and that's when his mama left us alone. Right when I was going to go sit on the edge of the bed two big ass bugs came running toward me, so I quickly crawled on his bed to lay next to him, while I caught my breath.

I turned my head in the direction of Chris's laughter. I saw tears falling from his eyes, while he continued to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I said, irritated

"You, jumping so hard."

He picked up on of them bugs and sat them on the bed. At first I panicked, but Chris grabbed my wrist. I relaxed when I saw it was just a dog. The dog crawled over to me and laid in my lap. I lightly stroked the dog's fur, and that's when he placed the other dog on the bed.

"That's X and this is Spot. They're both girls and they love getting attention."

"I can tell, but next time can you warn people about your dogs?"

"Nah because most people don't think my dogs are bugs are something." He said, smirking at the end

How did he know what I thought it was?

"Let me know when you want to start your session Mr. Brown."

"We can start right now if you want." He suggested