Can't Win For Losing

Nicole

"Is that suppose to make me feel good or something?" I laughed "To know you were being considerate enough not to compromise my health"

"Take it how you want it." He smirked

"Look don't you have a wife and total of three kids to worry about?"

"Me and my wife are separated, and we've been separated for years."

"Okay then what about the three kids that you've made?"

"Their mothers get a check from me every month. I see them on holidays and birthdays."

"That's pretty sad." I grabbed his hands. "Who hurt you? Why do you act the shit you do is okay?"

He quickly snatched his hands away from me. His smirk quickly turned into a look of pure anger. He knocked his food on the concrete. Then he slammed his hands on the round table. He gripped the outside table so hard the his fingers were turning a red color. So I stood up, because I knew I was going to have to make a run for it.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" He shouted at me. This made me jump a little bit.

"Why you yelling for?" I said calmly

"WHY YOU ASKING STUPID SHIT FOR?" He got in my face. "Oh I could just snap your neck right now." He whispered the last part.

"You need help." My eyes watered

"BITCH DIDN'T I..... JUST TELL YOU!" He waved his arms around, every time they moved I blinked preparing for his assault. He was still in my face, and I was petrified. My feet were frozen to ground. Scared that if I moved that he'll do nothing but get even angrier. And if he got angrier that could mean lights out for me and the baby. I just closed my eyes and said a silent prayer to God. When I opened my eyes, Jacob was gone. It was just me, standing in the same exact same spot I was, when he first started yelling. I didn't hear Jacob leave, because all I could hear was the heavy rhythmic thud of my racing heart, and my prayer to God. Then I gathered myself, and made a run for it to my car. I made sure I locked my doors, and quickly backed out of the deserted parking lot.

When I made it back to work, I told them to cancel all my afternoon appointments, because I had a family emergency. When truth be told I was too unnerved  by the whole run in with Jacob. I mean he could come by here, and actually lay his hands on me. So I figured the best place is to go home in a gated community, where there are security cameras installed in the inside and the outside of the house.

I immediately called Chris, but he didn't answer. So I called again, and it was forwarded to voicemail. Then finally I called again, and my call was answered.

"Hello?" A girl answered

"Umm... Who is this?" I squinted my eyes

"Well who is this?" She challenged

"Look I'm not going to play no games with who ever you are, now where's Chr-"

"He's not here"

"Excuse me, then where is he at?"

"He's on stage right now."

"Then what exactly are you doing answer his  phone sweetheart?"

"Because I can, is that a problem?"

I look up, then I looked down. I took deep breath trying to calm myself down. Because who ever is on this other end, is really trying me. I might have to make a little trip down to see Chris. Since when is it okay for Chris to allow random bitches to answer his phone? More importantly females that I do not know, or that do not know of me. Really I should be the only female allowed to answer his phone.