Downward Spiral

Nicole

As soon as I heard the verdict, I was frozen in spot. I couldn't hear anything, I just angrily stared at the lady that read the verdict. Then I turned my head ninety degrees, just to watch Jacob celebrate.

After several moments, I was ushered up out of the court. It wasn't until I was up out of the building, that I discovered it was my mom and aunts who were pulling me.

My vision blurred when I saw them. A warm single tear, fell down my cheek, and all three of them hugged me so tight. Nothing was said, because it was like a mutual understanding that we all needed this moment.

Chris walked over to us, and wrapped his arm around me. The tension became thick, and no one said anything. No one spoke, the silence was deadly. Until finally Chris asked if I was ready to go home.

"Chris I think I'm going to take a vacation, and go home Houston soon." I said

"Yeah me and my sisters are really sorry how treated you and your family. That was so uncalled for, and we all apologize from the bottoms of our hearts." My mom said

"It's okay, I guess. How long you planning to be gone?"Chris mumbled

"Maybe a week, maybe two."

He pulled me aside, "If you're gone two weeks, I'm going to be on tour already."

"Well I don't know what you want me to do. I need to detox my mind for a little bit. Remember you sprung the whole tour thing on me at last minute." I choked out

"I know but look-"

"W-What is there to look at? Now you'll know what it feels to be left lonely." I snatched away from him

I walked over to Chris's family and broke the news to them. They all embraced me, and said their good byes. That's when I walked over to my family, and we all got into my mom's car.

When we were about to pull off Chris jumps in front of the car. Then he quickly walked over to my window, and leans into the window. I saw my family quickly give me a knowing look. Chris stared at me for a good minute.

"I can talk to my label about pushing the tour back. Especially since your going to be leaving."

"Nah you go ahead with your tour."

"Not if we don't get quality time together first."

"So when did that ever matter to you? You sprung that tour on me last minute, so what's the problem now?"

"I'm going to miss you." He closed his eyes, dodging eye contact.

"You'll be fine."

"I can really push the tour back for you." He still had his eyes closed

"Why in the world would you do that? You going on tour, is your bread and butter."

He opened his eyes and they looked a red, irritated, and watery. But he still dodged eye contact. He started straight ahead.

"Because I Love y-y- just promise me you'll come back." He quickly said, then he walked away from the car.

********

December 20th
Chris

Day five of waking up in an empty bed. Her pillow still gives off a strong fruity smell from her hair. The first few nights that's all I smelled. Tossing and turning, while being reminded of her. That definitely didn't help my sleep situation.

I checked my phone to see if she called or texted me. Of course there wasn't any notifications. The notifications were blank, just like the first day she left. She didn't even let me know she made it home safely. No good morning texts, or good night texts.

I was tempted to call her, but I didn't want to come off as desperate. I didn't want to bother her. I did want to know, if she was coming back. I wanted to know what I could I do, to make her feel better about the whole Jacob situation.

Tired of all the unanswered questions, I sent her a quick text.

Me: Good morning 😉 u okay?
Read 9:43 am

Big Booty👅🍑: I'm fine, how u doing?

Me: I miss u😢
Read 9:50 am

Big Booty👅🍑: I miss u too

Me: what day u coming home?
Read 9:57

I sat there for about twenty minutes, and she never responded. So I got up to do my daily hygiene. When I came back, she still didn't respond. I know for a fact she saw my message. But I wasn't going to push the issue.

********

December 25th

I was awoken by my phone ringing. When I looked down at contact who was calling, I saw it was her. I immediately answered, because I was so happy to hear her voice.

"Merry Christmas big head."

"Merry Christmas babe, how you been?"

"I've been good. This vacation is just what I needed."

"Glad to hear that, so when you planning to come back?"

"I haven't decided when. Is that okay with you Chris?"

"Well are still you coming back?"

"Yeah in due time, right now I want you to enjoy your time with your family. And I'll do the same."

"But you're part my family too."

"Did you push your tour back?"

"No not-"

"Well good, don't do that to your fans. You go ahead and put on a good show for your fans."

"There's no point if my heart is not in the performance."

"What exactly would be the reason it wouldn't be?"

"Because my heart belongs to-"

"Your fans, they love u, they look up to you, they worship you. Don't let them down."

"I won't, but it would be easier if you were here with me."

"Look Chris we got to talk later, I'll text you later."
~~~~~

So I know this chapter sucked, but it was just a filler chapter! I couldn't let another day go by leaving y'all hanging.

This book has reached 23k!!! That's the most I've I ever had on a book. I want to thank everyone, who contributed to that success!❤️👏🏾✊🏾🙌🏾.

So who knows what's happening to Nicole?

What does Chris so desperately want to tell Nicole?

When do y'all think Nicole is coming back?