Disturbances & Disownment

Nicole

I felt crust under my eyes, and I was too scared to open them. I didn't know if Jacob was here or where I was for that matter. But I guess my question was answered when I felt breathing on my neck. I opened my eyes in tiny slits and quickly closed them because my eyes struggled to adjust to the bright light. It was very bright in the room indicating that it was daytime again. Which meant I have been knocked out for hours.

"I know you're awake, so don't even try to fake it." Jacob whispered in my ear.

I quickly sat up and moved away from him. He grabbed my arm and tried to stop me. So I pulled away harder from him. My heart was racing at this point and I wanted to be as far way from him as possible.

"Look I'm sorry babe. I don't know what came over me, I love you." He pleaded, and I soon noticed that tears were forming in his eyes.

"Get the fuck off of me, you son of a bitch."

Tears began spilling from his eyes, "Please hear me out, I love you Nicole. You got to believe me I don't want to divorce. We can work this out."

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OFF ME!"

I cocked my right fist back and punched him in his nose. He still held on to my left arm and refused to let. So kept punching him in his face until the pain got the best of him. Eventually he let go and I ran over to the closet to grab a hoodie. Then I grabbed my purse that contained my wallet, car keys, and grabbed the phone off the charger. I made to the top of the stairs, and that's when I felt Jacob grab me by the waist from behind.

"You want me to make it better?" He said, as his hand traveled down the front of my leggings.

"No don't just let me go."

His voice cracked, "I love you Nicole, and I'm sorry."

I pulled out my pepper spray from my purse. I held in in my hand concealed from Jacob.

I softened my voice, "I know babe I'll give you a second chance. But you have to do something for me first."

I turned around to face Jacob waiting for a reply. Then he finally cracked a smile.

"And what is that?"

I pepper sprayed him in the face, "YOU STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." I yelled

I quickly ran down the steps, while I heard him scream out from pain. Once I made it to the front door, I turned to look at Jacob at the top of the stairs holding his eyes. He began prancing around from the pain, and that's when he took a tumble down the steps. So I quickly ran out of the house and didn't stop until I made it to my car. I got in and pulled off immediately. I pulled over to the side of the road when I was several blocks away from that house. Then I googled hotels 10 miles away from that house, so I know he wouldn't come looking for me.

Once I arrived at the hotel, I checked to see if I had an spare outfit in my car. The only thing I had was a turtle neck, some socks a couple plain white t-shirts, and a few pairs of jeans. I relaxed when, but then that meant I didn't have any panties. I decided to go in look in my purse, and I relaxed when I saw a pair of a panties. Grabbing my clothes I walked up the front desk and rented a room.

"Ma'am can I ask you something." The man at the front said

"Umm.. Yeah sure."

"What happened to your neck?"

My hand subconsciously went to my neck. I covered tried to cover some of my neck using my hand.

"Don't worry about it." I snapped

I took my credit card away from, and held out my hand for my room key. He quickly handed me my key and issued an apology to me as I walked away. When I made it to my room, I swiped the key card and walked in. It was really nice in the room, I was so exhausted that I just plopped on the bed. Then my phone began ringing, I looked at the caller I.D and saw it was Jacob. Best believe I sent that ass straight to voice mail. That just made the situation worse, because he kept calling and calling.

"BITCH WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?" I yelled into the phone

"Oh sorry for disturbing you then-" Ms. Joyce said

"I'm so sorry for answering the phone like that. I thought you were someone else, what can I help you with? Christopher doing alright?"

"It's alright and he's doing fine. Could you possibly come over today? We can't do the session on Wednesday, because Chris has a doctor's appointment."

"Uh yes ma'am, what time did you have in mind?"

"Is twelve too early for you?"

Great that leaves two fucking hours to get ready. I would tell her I couldn't do it but I need the money. I'm going to have to replace all of my shoes, clothes, purses, hair products, perfume, jewelry, and makeup. I'm surely not going back in that house again.

"Oh yeah that's perfect." I lied

"Okay perfect, we'll be waiting for you."

I got ready very quickly. I had to shower quickly because I still had to eat too. I made sure the turtle neck covered my lesions on my neck. I brushed my hair into neat bun as quickly as possible. I didn't have time to apply hardly any makeup. So opted not to this time. Then I had to put on the shoes from yesterday, and they clearly didn't match my outfit.

This was life I signed up for when I married a bipolar husband. I knew he could be crazy but I've never seen him like he was yesterday. I mean I was in love and I didn't care that he had bipolar syndrome. That was until his syndrome posed a threat to my existence, like yesterday's events. Well this is what I get for going against my mom's wishes. I could remember it all as if all happened yesterday.

"Mom please I love him, he's treats me right." I pleaded

"Yeah just don't expect me to be in your life anymore then." She snapped

My voice cracked, "Really mom so you're just disown me now?"

"Yes I will not have no part of this. That man, Jessie is not good for you. I just know it, his true colors may not come out immediately, but they will definitely come out."

I laughed to keep from crying, "You're one to talk about anyone's choice in men. Let's talk about daddy if you want to got there. His name is Jacob and you know this."

"Bitch get the fuck out. Don't you ever call me, text me, email me, or even think about me. When Jacob hurts you, just know I told you so." She said pushing me out the house.

"I wish you would actually be a mother to me for five minutes. You're treating me as if I'm some bum off the street. When I bring up daddy, you get pissed. All I ask is that you respect my wishes-" Then she slammed the door in my face.

From that point on me and my mom never spoke. She didn't show up at the wedding. She didn't answer my calls, when I wished her happy birthday. She didn't even bother to call me on my birthdays. To know she completely shut me out, hurt me so bad. And to think I got disowned by my mom over a cheating, abusive, bipolar, piece of shit for husband. I haven't spoken to my mom for four, almost five years. I can't say it was worth it either.
~~~~~