Mommy Dearest

Nicole

"Makayla No, I'm sorry." I whispered the last part.

I held on to part of her shirt, that ripped from me trying to grab her. I looked over the bridge I didn't see her body. I sunk to my knees, and held my face as reality hit me. I pulled out my phone and called 9-1-1.

"9-1-1 emergency?"

"Yes my frien- co worker just j-jumped-" my voice cracked

"Slow down and breathe. What's your location?"

"The Golden Gate Bridge. My co-worker just killed herself."

"Alright I'll send someone over."

After I hung up, I started full fledge crying. The fact that Jacob was that bad of person to rape someone. The fact that Makayla's child was innocent person in all this mess, but he died because of Jacob. The fact that Makayla and her child both had AIDS, but neither one deserved it. I knew I was a bitch, but I never knew she experienced all that.

A while after I realized my lunch break had been over. I looked at my phone and saw a few missed calls from work. I called them and let them know what just happened. When word gets out, I'm pretty sure everyone at work is going to blame me. The thing is they have every right to, because had I not talked reckless to Makayla, she would've been alive.

After a while a cop car arrived, and so did the rescue team. The two police officers blocked off one of the bridge lanes. While they were attempting to find her body, I talked to the police and told them what happened. I stayed until I saw Makayla's body for myself. When they pulled her body on the raft, I noticed they didn't try and do any resuscitation on her. When they got her body on the bridge. She looked pale and had blood on the side of her mouth. I knew it was a slim chance of her surviving. From the several feet fall to the water, and from the way she looked.

One of the paramedics knelt down and checked her pulse. He listened to she was breathing, but from what I could tell she wasn't. The paramedic stopped and shook his head at the other paramedic. The other paramedic walked over with the black body bag. I couldn't watch anymore, because I felt more and more terrible. So I got in my car and drove off. When I made it back to the the clinic, all the of the workers were in the break room. They all looked emotional, some looked me up and down with disgust on their faces. Some just shook their heads, and some pretended like I wasn't there.

"We've decided to close down early today. So there's no need for you to be here."

I nodded, "Okay good to know." I quickly left

When I made it home, Chris began bombarding me with questions. I couldn't really answer any of them, because I was still in shock. I just wanted sleep, because I can't even live with myself right now.

*******

I was awoken by a noise. So I got up and slowly opened my bedroom door. When I walked to the kitchen, and got some water Jacob was behind the refrigerator door. Seeing his presence, I got scared and dropped my water on the ground. When I tried to run I slipped on the water. As I got up to run, he grabbed my ankle. I let out a blood curdling scream, only to be stabbed in the back. I tried to crawl away from him, but the pain was too bad.

"Remember what happened to Makayla? Don't let it will happen to you." He said in my ear.

I sat straight up in bed, and my shirt with sticking to me. Sweat was everywhere. Chris reached over and turned on the lamp. I finally saw it was three am. Both of our eyes struggled to adjust to the light.