Mystery Diagnosis(pt.2)

A/N: I want to thank everyone, who was so patient with this update! Oh and sorry about all the errors in this chapter, I tried to hurry up and update.

Makayla

I collapsed to my knees. Then I covered my face, as they put that black bag on the stretcher, which contained my child's dead body. A steady stream of tears fell down my face, as the harsh reality that I would be burying my child hit me.

After the EMT's left, I just cried on the floor. I didn't feel like talking to no one. I mean what was the point? No matter what they said, it would never bring back my child.

After a while I ran out of tears. I couldn't even open my eyes, because staring at my child's decorated room would cause me to cry again. Minutes later my phone started ringing, I looked at the caller id and realized it was work calling.

I cleared my throat, "Hello?"

"You were suppose to show up thirty minutes ago."

"Oh I won't be in today."

"Why?"

"Due to a family emergency." I chocked out

"Oh okay then, thank you."

After I hung up I got off the floor. Then I went into my bedroom, and undressed and got back in the bed. I desperately needed a nap, after what just occurred.

********

Nicole
September 19th

Makayla is started to make me mad not showing up to work. Her patients have appointments, which means me, and the other physical therapists have to divide them up and take them.

I guess this time she may have an excuse, because this time it's a family emergency. Not the same tired I don't feel good excuse. After I finished with Makayla's patient, I was so happy to go home. I still had to go the grocery store, but my feet were killing me.

I walked into Chris's room, and his dogs ran over to me with their tail wagging. I knelt down and rubbed their bellies, and underneath their face. After a few minutes of that I walked over to Chris, to hug him.

"Chrissy you wanna go to the grocery store with me."

"Yeah but don't ever call me Chrissy again."

"Why it's cute, just like you." I pinched his cheeks

"Whatever just tell my mom, where we're going."

I walked out of his room, and his dogs followed me. I knocked on Ms. Hawkin's door, and she answered. The puppies followed me inside, and stood by her bed to tell her where we was going. Then I walked back into Chris's room, and sat his wheel chair by his bed.

When he got in it, I pushed him to the top of the stairs. Then I helped him into chair located on the rail, that rides him down to the bottom of the stairs.  I carried his wheelchair to the bottom of the stairs, and helped him into it.

I decided to take my car, so we wouldn't draw attention to ourselves. We weren't taking body guards, so that's why this was so important. When Chris turned on radio and smirked, when one of his songs were playing. I playfully rolled my eyes, and made my way to the grocery store.

I got him an electric cart, and I grabbed a basket. After we went into an isle with frozen food, Chris opened the door, when grabbing my ass and got some TV dinners.

"Oops my bad. I needed something to hold on to, so I wouldn't fall." He smirked

********

Chris
After a while my basket and Nicole's basket were filled up. When we're making our way over to the check out line, some fans approached us. Nicole quickly jumped in front of me, and stared the two women down.

One of the women began crying. So I grabbed Nicole's elbow, so she would move aside. I let them take their pictures and signed what ever they gave me. I kept looking back between the women and Nicole, and I could see in her body language, that she wanted them gone.

After the fans left we proceeded to the checkout line. After we made it back the car, I noticed Nicole was unusually quiet.

"Did you just get jealous of them fans?"

"No I just didn't want them trying hurt you or something."

"Well to me it seemed like more than that."

"Well it really wasn't."

"I think it was-"

"Can we just drop it?" She snapped

I knew she was jealous. She didn't want to admit it. I knew she had more feelings for me than she let on. I couldn't help, but smirk at her possessiveness she showed. This just proves she's feeling me.

*******

Makayla

I called in for the second day in the row. I really didn't feel good. Like I'm beginning to think Matthew gave me what he got. Last night I slept in his bed, and of course I cried some more.

I think I'm coming down with a flu or something. I find it really hard to breathe. I couldn't miss anymore days at work, without out a doctors note. When I called my doctor, she said she needed to see me immediately regarding me and my child.

When I got the doctors office, they immediately took me to a room. Then nurse pricked my finger and rushed up out of the room. Then she weighed me. Then she took me back to my room. She told me the doctor would be with me in a minute.

I waited a good 45 minutes, and I was growing really impatient. When the doctor came in, she smiled at me.

"How you doing today?"

"Do y'all know what happened to my child?"

"Yes the morgue called me with the results of the autopsy. Your child was really sick, and this wasn't no average disease."

"So what did he die from?"

"He had AIDS, his white blood cells worked as hard as they could to fight off his pneumonia."

Tears began streaming down my face, "What what?"

"Your child was mostly likely born H.I.V positive, but over the years, his immune system weakened. All the symptoms you saw were probably, when his cell count was so low it turned into AIDS."

"Now you also have AIDS, and Pneumonia. You have experienced weight loss over the years due to your AIDS."

"Wait why are you just now able to detect this?"

"Some people go years without a single symptom of H.I.V, but then when their cell count is so low they get really sick. Which is the formation of AIDS. Some people got 2 to 10 years without knowing they had AIDS. So consider yourself lucky."
~~~~~

Were you guys shocked to know what Matthew died from?

Who feels even more sorry for Makayla?

Did y'all enjoy this chapter?