Too late

A/N: Oh my gosh you guys!!!!! This book is officially at 80k! I can not believe this is happening. I never knew this book was going to become this successful. Anyways I appreciate everyone who voted and commented on this book. You guys just don't realize how much y'all brighten my day. I go back and read every single comment. I love y'all so much. 😘

But anyways enjoy this chapter.........

Chris

We got back to the house, and she got out. I waited until she walked in the house, and then I went out to get something to eat. I made sure to get something for both my mom and Nicole.

When I came back in the house was completely quiet. I put the food in the refrigerator. Then I went up to my mom's room first, and she was asleep. Then I went up to my room and Nicole wasn't in there.

I checked all the guest rooms, and I finally found her. There she was on the bed. Her back was turned away from me. I walked over and sat on the bed next to her.

"Nicole I bought you something to eat."

She didn't answer me. But then I heard sniffles.

"Nicole why are crying?"

She still didn't answer me.

I got off the bed, and I walked over to the other side. I squat down and she was indeed crying. She tried to cover her face, when I came into her line of vision.

"Can you please tell me what's bothering you?"

She just continued to cry. She never removed her hands. And she never bothered to respond.

"I can't help you, if you don't tell me what's wrong."

I tried to grab her hands from her face. But she wasn't trying to move them. I grabbed her wrist with force. And then I was successfully able to look at her face. She never made eye contact with me.

"NICOLE LOOK AT ME!" I yelled

She looked at me, but she began to snatch her hands away from me.

She abruptly got out of the bed. And I stood to my full height. She walked in the bathroom and I followed her. She tried to shut the door on me but I put my foot in between the door.

I forced the door open. And I walked in. Then I closed the door behind me.

"Can you leave?" She said

"Nope." I replied

"Can you please leave?"

"If you tell me what's wrong."

She rolled her eyes, "I'm fine, ain't nothing wrong with me."

"I wish I could believe that."

"I'm trying to shower, and use the bathroom in peace. Can you please leave?"

"Ain't nothing I haven't seen before."

She pulled her pants down, and then she sat on the toilet seat. She wiped herself, and pulled up her pants. Then she flushed the toilet and washed her hands.

I walked over and pushed the toilet seat  lid down and sat on it.

She turned away from me and got undressed. The bruises from Jacob's assault were still visible on her body. I grabbed her by her hips and pulled her close. I ran my fingers over her bruises and I studied them closely.