Putting On A Front

A/N: Picture of Nicole's Husband in MM.

Nicole

Christopher did you behave for this lady?" I heard the lady from earlier say.

Makayla held the wheelchair in place. I began easing Chris back in his wheelchair, as his mama approached us. Then I squatted down and put his feet back in the stirrups. I walked over and gave him back his chips that I almost threw away.

He looked me, "I don't think this clinic is right for me."

His mama came behind him and popped him on the back of his head. I laughed at this little exchanged, and I was definitely enjoying it. He needed to get hit for his attitude he took with me today.

"Damn Mama, what did I do?" He said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Because I can tell you probably were nasty to this nice young lady. I'm not going to keep changing clinics just, because you can't control your attitude." She said, pushing him out of the room.

When they were gone Makayla looked over at me and shook her head.

"I can't believe you challenged him to stand, and then when he fell you caught him. I would've thought you'd let him fall." She said

"Well he was getting crazy with me. Plus if I had let him fall that would've been my ass on the line. Especially if he had fell and sustained serious injuries. I'll put you in your place, but I'm not completely heartless."

"Alright you ready to go?" She said

"Yeah I'm trying to beat Jacob home." 

"Forget him, you should give Chris a chance." She said, when we got in the car.

I laughed, "Girl are you crazy? If you haven't noticed I love my husband."

****** 

I cooked dinner, and I anticipated Jacob to be here soon. When it hit midnight I grew tired of waiting on him, so I put his plate in the refrigerator. Then I went upstairs and went to sleep.

At 4 o'clock in the morning I heard noises in my bedroom. When I felt the bed dip in I reached over turned on the bedside lamp. It was Jacob and he got in the bed like nothing happened. Yeah if he think I'm going to stay silent, then he got another thing coming.

I sat up,"Really Jacob?"

"Look I'm tired right now, we can discuss this tomorrow."

"No we're going to discuss this right now."

He turned over to face me. Then he scooted real close to me and laid his head on my chest.

Hope he don't think that cutesy shit is going to work with me.

"I'm sorry okay, I just go so caught up in work."

"You could've picked up the phone and called me."

"I know and next time I will. Do you forgive me now?"

"Yeah I guess for now. But if this happens again, you better have been hit by a car or something that makes since."

"Alright now turn off the lamp, so we can get some sleep."

******

August 13th

It's been a couple of weeks since I've seen Chris. I figured his ass may finally be gone. I'm happy regardless, because he's worst than anyone I've worked with. I had just helped Ms. Johnson climb stairs, and now she's using a walker and a cane to get around. When I held the door open so exit the clinic.

That's when I saw a black Range Rover pulled up. Then that's when I saw a man I never seen before open a door. To my horror it was the same headache I thought I got rid of. His mama got out of the front and went to the trunk and pulled out his wheelchair. When he was inside his wheelchair he had the biggest smirk on his face. He took pleasure in watching my face turn into disappointment. I held the door open so his mama could push him inside the building.

"You miss me?" Chris said

Hell no don't know why Satan let you out early.

"Yeah sure I love all my clients." I said, putting in a forced smile.

"Christopher you better act right this time." His mama said

"Yes mama I promise I will." He said

His mama walked over and handed me a wad of cash. When she left I counted a total of 450 dollars. I really appreciate it, because that was almost of third of what I made I week. I stuffed the money in my wallet, and rolled my eyes when I saw Chris on his phone again.

"Uh... Bye I'll text you the address." He said, when he saw I was approaching.

"Alright you ready to get started?" I said

"Yeah whenever you're ready."

I smiled at him. I had a little shred of hope that he was going to be cooperative today. I pushed his wheelchair over to the table. Then I helped him on it so he'd be laying flat. I began bending his legs back. Then I made sure to constantly ask him if he felt any discomfort.

"Chris you called?" A woman said

I jumped at the sound of the woman's voice. Then I let got of Chris's legs, and made sure he was laying flat. I saw the woman walk over and kiss his cheek. She had on a short dress that left nothing to the imagination. She looked me up and down, like she had a problem.

"Who are you?" She finally said

"I'm his physical therapist. Who are you?"

"His girl-"

"Just my friend." He interjected

"Well it's against the policy for you to be in here while I'm helping him." I said

"I don't give a fuck about you or the damn policy." She said

So fuck my life then huh? This satanic creature talking to the wrong one.
~~~~