A Leap of Faith

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for everyone who supports this book even though, I deleted my other book.

Nicole

I got in his face, I turned my head so my ear was facing his mouth. He pulled his face back away from me, as if I gave off this offending smell.

"I'm talking to you Natasha." He said, smirking at the end.

"You don't have to be here Mr. Brown."

He looked around the room in disgust, "I know I don't, I really don't want to be here."

"Alright so why you here then? My legs work fine, so whether you get help or not it doesn't hurt me."

I watched as he went right back to being on his phone. Then I watched as he began texting someone. Then someone started calling him, and that's when he got real obnoxious. He began laughing all loud, and he obviously didn't take me seriously.

"Excuse Mr. Brown, I said no cell-" I said, and he shushed me again. Then once again he put his finger in my face.

I an already had it with this nigga. He's in full effect diva mode, and I don't have time for it period point blank. I didn't go to school just to have some disrespectful, foul mouth, over hyped piece of shit put his finger in my face and shush me.

I snatched his phone away from him, and hung up on whoever he was talking to. Then I turned off his cellphone and put it in my back pocket. I knew I was becoming unprofessional at this point, but he's asking for it.

"Give me back my phone. How is your clinic rated five star, but you're over here acting this way?"

"Well isn't the pot calling the kettle black." I laughed, "You're acting like the biggest diva right now."

"Whatever this is some bullshit." He said, angrily

"What your attitude or your inability to walk? Both of those things can change, but you have to want it to change."

He turned around in his wheelchair, and began pushing himself out into the hallway. I laughed at his attempt to try and escape me. I bet he's going to try and snitch on me. I wasn't going to let that happen, so I beat him to the door and closed and locked it. Then I grabbed his phone and handed it to him.

"Call whoever you want, because I'm done helping you." I said, walking out of the room.

I knew I wasn't supposed to leave him alone like that. I was just hoping he'd be gone and would never come back. 

I found Makayla in the break room. She was grinning in a devious like manner.

"So how's your new client?" She said, smirking.

"I can't wait until he leaves. You know his mama told me someone said I was the best one in this clinic. You didn't have anything to do with that did you?"

"No of course not. Wait you said you can't wait until he leaves, so where is he now?" She said, putting her cup down.

"In the room where I left him in. He's calling someone to come pick him up."

Makayla stood up, and began walking back and forth. I looked at her amazed, because she was more concerned than me about my own client. Even though I could risk getting in trouble, i didn't care just as long as that woman beater was gone.

"You need to go check on him. Or you could get in trouble."

No shit Sherlock

"Nah I'm good Makayla. You go check on him if you're that concerned."

"Come on seriously go check on him. I'll go with you if that's what you want."

"Fine I'll go but please tell him not to come back."

When we walked back into the room, he sat there on his phone. His expression changed when he saw me enter the room. Then I saw the way he looked at Makayla, his features softened and his face became a lot more relaxed.

"So when are you leaving?" I said

"When my session ends." He said

"Why can't you leave now?"

"NICOLE DON'T BE SO RUDE!" Makayla yelled

"Well tell him not be an asshole, then I won't have to be." I said

Makayla shook her head at me, "I'm apologize for my friend's unprofessional behavior. Would it be took much to ask for an autograph?" Makayla said

Makayla pulled out a permanent marker, and he signed her phone case. They began chatting away like they had known each other their whole lives. It's like he was a whole new person when he talked to her. That wasn't the same asshole that was in here earlier. 

"If you had that attitude with me, I would've tried to help you. No but instead you stick you finger in my face and make a mess on purpose." I said

"Why are you talking to me? I'll be out of here soon so don't worry." He said, with attitude.

"Because I can why else? I need to know what time my worst client is leaving."

"Nicole he's said he's leaving. Why do you feel the need to keep being rude?"

"You may be blinded because you're a fan, but I see his true colors. I was nice to him then he went out of his way to be rude to me."

"I don't need you. I can walk on my own, your job is a bunch of gimmicks anyways. Anyone can get someone to walk, so I'll be glad to leave and never come back." He said, while never breaking eye contact with me.

I laughed, "My job is a bunch of gimmicks? That's funny because I've been able to help all of my clients walk."

"Like I said I don't need your help. I can walk without your help."

I walked over so I was standing in front of him. He looked at me with an unsure look on his face. He was probably wondering what I was going to do.

"Since you don't need my help, let's see you walk right now." I said, holding out my hand in front of him.

He looked down at my hand and made a face. So I moved my hand away from him. I watched as he struggled to gain leverage to stand from his wheelchair. When he stood he was off balance. His face wouldn't reveal what I knew he was feeling. I knew he was unsure about trying to take a step, because he could barely stand upright without gripping wheelchair. I backed up a little so he could attempt to so me I was "wrong".

He finally worked up the courage to take the first step. I thought he was going to prove me wrong up until he let go of his wheelchair completely. When he went to take his second step that's when he lost his balance completely. If he fell then that could be that end of my license. So I quickly reacted on impulse, and caught him when I saw him falling forward. He wasted no time wrapping his arms around my body in a vice grip like fashion. I couldn't help but take notice of how good he smelled.
~~~~