Missing Vital Information

Makayla

I really upset me how stupid and naive I was. You would think you'd be able to trust someone who  your best friend married. I honestly just wanna go home, because I'm not in the mood to help today.

I walked away in the room where Nicole was helping her patient. Then I walked toward the front door.

"Makayla are you going home?" Nicole asked

"Yes I don't feel good."

She rolled her eyes, "Are you coming back on Thursday?"

"Yeah of course."

Not wanting to see more evidence of our crumbling friendship I quickly left. I drove to my house and laid on my bed. I remember all the times I tried to tell her what had happened, but that didn't quite work out.

I had been vomiting, and I was barely able to keep anything down. My period was about two weeks late, and I had already missed about five days of work. I desperately needed to go to doctor to confirm that one test that sealed my faith. 

When I was called back into the room, the doctor listened to my symptoms and sent a nurse in to give me a cup to pee in. I filled the cup up and handed it to the nurse and she directed me back to the room.

"Well you are indeed pregnant." The doctor said

Those five words brought instant tears to my face. Everything else was just a blur.

"Well I'll schedule another appointment to give you information for your prenatal care. I'm going to prescribe some vitamins for you to take right now, so your baby has enough to grow."

All I could do was nod because I was so pissed. After I left the doctor's office, I went home to try and call Nicole and tell her what happened.

"Hey Makayla what's up." She answered

"I gotta tell you something."

"Go ahead."

"Nicole what cha wanna eat? ...... Who is that you talking to? Tell 'em you busy girl." I heard in the background.

"You're obviously busy I'll just talk to you in person."

"Okay then bye."

A few days later

I popped up Nicole's house, and she answered the door. I sat on the couch next to her, with a pregnancy test in a plastic bag so I could show her.

"Nicole I really gotta tell you something."

"What is it? Is that a pregnancy test?"

"Yes it is, but please-"

Then Jacob walked into the room. He looked at me and smirked, then came over and kissed Nicole the on the cheek.

"So who's the father of the baby? I never hear you talk about a man in ya life." Nicole said

Jacob lingered in our area, trying to pretend like he wasn't ear hustling. Then he turned and mouth "I dare you to tell her". Then he pulled out some scissors making a cutting motion, then pointed to Nicole and then to me.