Words Hurt

What the last chapter crazy or what? Did that clear up the confusion? Thanks for the support guys, because I love ALL my readers!

Nicole

I think I'm going to be sick. I could feel myself perspiring and a nauseous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Were you aware of any of that information?" My attorney said, loudly.

"WHY YOU YELLING?" I snapped

He looked confused, "Ms. Arnold I assure that I wasn't."

"Look I know when someone is-"

I ran to the trash can and emptied the contents of my stomach. The first wave of vomit that was forced out of my stomach, barely made it into the trash. I dropped down to my knees as my abdomen constricted repeatedly pushing my stomach contents out. Even after I was done I kept dry heaving.

"Ms. Arnold do you need to go hospital?"

"No I just need to go home."

"Alright who do I need to call to come and get you?"

"Don't worry I got it." I shooed him off.

I gathered myself and tied the trash bag closed. I gathered my things and left the office quickly. It was if I couldn't get more mortified. I think I'm going to take some time to myself. I drank some ginger ale to settle my stomach, and I took a nice little nap. I thought I was hearing things, because I was hearing my phone ringing. The first time I ignored it and tired to sleep, but the second time I was beyond pissed. I angrily answered the face time call without looking who it was.

When I answered the phone, oddly enough it was Chris. He smiled when he saw that I answered. I rolled my eyes, because I didn't understand his behavior. One day he could sweet and entertaining, then the next day he gives me attitude. Then he's always in my business.

"Hey beautiful."He smirked

"What do you want Chris?"

"Damn I just wanna talk."

"What is there to talk about?"

He laughed, "I'm sorry for prying in your business. I just wanna make sure you're alright. So you not still living with him are you?"

"Nah of course not. Me and him are done, we're not husband and wife."

"Well that's good! Is that cats I hear?" He grinned

I turned around all paranoid and shit. Searching around the room, only to hear Chris in a fit of laughter. Then I realized he was calling me a lonely cat lady.

Bastard.

"What's so fucking funny." I grew quickly agitated

"Gual you gone stop talkin' me like ya' lost ya damn mind. Ya need some damn dick ma?"

It was entertaining to hear his accent come out. He truly is a little Virginia boy at heart.

"Look Chris I don't feel good, and I don't have time for you or your childish ass games."

His face changed to total seriousness, "Why do you have to be so mean all the time. There is a man out there, who will treat you right and respect you. Know your worth baby girl, no need to take your anger out on me."

"I'm not taking my anger out on you. I was wanna be alone and process my thoughts. Okay I have a lot going on in my life, and I'd appreciate if you'd just leave me alone." My voice cracked

"I can't do that Nicole."

"And why not"

"Because I care for you too much. I can be an asshole but it's only because I care. I don't understand why you can't see that."

"Chris you are nothing more than my client. The only reason you care is because I'm gonna help you walk again."

"I consider you a friend though. Whatever you going through just-"

"You won't understand, and I don't care to talk to you about it. Chris I got this, so I'm going to go now."

"Wait!"

"WHAT!" I barked angrily

"I really wanna tell you something. But I want to do it face to face alright."

"Chris I'm not going be in LA after my case with Jacob."

"How's that going by the way?"

I rolled my eyes,"You and Jacob have something in common."

"And what is that?"

"YOU'RE BOTH ANNOYING SACKS OF SHIT! PLUS Y'All BOTH HAVE A PROBLEM WITH DOMESTIC VIOLENCE." I yelled

He face changed into an unreadable expression. He went quiet for a minute, then I saw him clench his jaw. He didn't say nothing for a while, but he shook his head. Then he scratched his head and stared at me.

"And to think I tried to be your friend." He said, barely audible.

"No one asked you to."

"You know what I'm done. I go out of my way to be nice to your ass, and this is what I get. My mom told me to just leave you alone, and I should've listened."

"Clearly."

"You're going to be such an bitter lonely person, if you keep up that stank ass attitude. The difference between me and you is, I never judged you from the jump. I never put you down or called you out your name. Its funny how you refuse to get to know me, but you're willing to throw a huge mistake of my past in my face."

"Who died and made you Doctor Phil?" I laughed

"It's the mistake on my part for thinking you was different. So sorry for disturbing you, it will never happen again."
~~~~~~