Shocking Secrets

Nicole

"Uh oh don't tell me you're in some type of trouble."

I laughed, "That's an understatement."

"Well seems to be the reason you're crying?"

"Jacob and lots of other things."

"Mothers know best right? I told you he wasn't shit. Are you still married to him?"

"Yes but I'm getting ready to hire a lawyer for a divorce. I'm getting ready to leave LA as we speak, because I should've never came here in the first place."

"Alright good, but don't leave LA just yet. You've made a name for ya self out there, so don't leave that behind. Try to stay until you've completed the divorce with Jacob."

"I don't know if I can last that long. I've already lost a job with one of my celebrity clients anyways. I just wanna be done already."

"Why do figure you lost the job?"

"Because he noticed I was going through something. Then I ran up of the house, because the while situation was embarrassing. I didn't bother to talk to him or his mom after that."

"Little girl I know I raised you better than that. Now you cancel that flight you were getting ready to get on. You go back to where ever you were staying. Then tomorrow I want you go over that boy's house and apologize to him and his mama. Is that understood Nicole?"

"But I can't-"

"Ain't no buts you do as you're told. Wipe your tears and be strong until I'm able to come visit you."

"Alright mama, I love you."

"I love you too baby."

******

August 24th

I got up and got ready to go apologize to Chris and his mama. I opted for the lazy look, because who did I have to impress? I got dressed in some black leggings, with an oversized t-shirt with some simple red socks and black Nike flip flops. I was trying to hide the mark on my neck, because I'm pretty sure they already talk about it.

I walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Ms. Hawkins answered the door, with a sad look on her face. She allowed me to come in and I sat on one of the kitchen chairs by the table. Ms. Hawkins sat across from me, and there was an awkward silence that lingered in the air.

"So I notice that mark that Chris told me about once you left."

"Yeah umm... that's a tough situation to talk about."

She grabbed my hands, "Are you getting abused?"

"Well I did get abused, but I'm okay now."

She looked down at my hands. Then she raised my left hand closer to her face, as she studied my wedding ring and engagement ring. She kept look back and forth between me and the ring.

"Is your husband the one who put his hands on you?" She finally spoke.

I quickly snatched both rings off my left hand. Then I threw them in my purse. She stared at me as she waited for a response. I simply nodded, because I felt that familiar lump in my throat forming. She got up and stood near me. Then she hugged my head toward her stomach as she slowly rocked me back in forth. I felt tears staining her shirt as she rocked me back in forth.