Relaxtion & Vacations?

Nicole

After Chris hung up the FaceTime call, I threw my phone in frustration. I rubbed my hand down my face an smoothed my hair back. I began recapping the whole conversation, and I winced at how much of a bitch I was.

I got up out of the bed and took a shower. When I got of the shower, I hear knocking at the door. I wrapped a towel around my body, then I grabbed a kitchen knife and made my way toward the door.

"Hey Girl!" Makayla said, so I quickly hid the knife behind my back.

"What was that you just put behind your back?"

"Nothing don't worry about it."

She walked behind me, and tried to get the knife. So I kept pushing her back. Then I walked to the kitchen and put it on the counter.

She laughed, "So you were going to stab me with a kitchen knife? Damn who got you all upset?"

"Who else? The more I learn about Jacob, the more angry I get. The fact that he put his hands on me, then I learn that I had been just another side piece for four years."

"So you weren't married to him? That's right crazy do you want go out and drink? It sounds like you really need one."

"I can't even if I wanted to. I can't seem to hold anything down beside maybe water and a few crackers."

"Nic have you been to the doctor?"

"Nah I just need some rest is all. I'm fine I mean really."

"Have you had mood swings? What about your sleep? Have you missed your period?"

I laughed, "You think I'm pregnant? Don't even start with me."

"It's possible because you Jacob did have sex."

I walked over to the couch and put my head in my hands. Makayla came over and rubbed my back.

"What I would if I am pregnant? I would probably go crazy, like I would need to be put in a mental asylum."

"Don't say that! We'll get through this, do you want to go to the doctor today?"

"God is punishing me because I'm a bitch right?" I whispered

"I don't like to hear you talk this way. Go get dressed, so we can see if you'll be a mom or not. "

I went upstairs and got dressed quickly. I picked up my phone from the floor and put in my purse. I opted for a simple comfy look, that consisted of a sweatshirt and sweat pants. When we got in Makayla's car I put my seat belt on and laid my seat back and closed my eyes.

She squeezed my hand, "It's going to be alright no matter the results"

"If you say so, you ain't the one with Jacob's child are you?"

"Look Nic don't start worrying just yet."

*******

We waited in that clinic for a little while. Makayla took note of my quietness, and she tried to reassure me everything would be alright.