94

Mizuki's POV
I wasn't sure what to think after hearing about the hand surgery because I started to tune everyone out.

I let my eyes drift to the window and I tried to picture myself flying like a bird, I tried to imagine myself being free.

A small smile covers my face but only for a second before it disappears again and I'm brought back to reality.

I could lose my ability to cast jutsu if this surgery goes wrong and I'm not okay with that at all.

I wouldn't be able to protect myself, I wouldn't be able to protect my friends, I wouldn't be able to protect Sasuke or...Sarada!

"S-Sasuke?" My voice comes out raspy.

"What?" He asks with a nervous tone.

"Does something hurt?! Are you okay?" He asks with a worried expression when I didn't respond within a second.

"Where's Sarada?" I question.

"I thought she was with Karin..." He whispers.

Sasuke stares at me before falling to his knees while holding his head in pain as I try to jump out of bed but all the wires come out and an alarm goes off.

"Sasuke? What's wrong? Sasuke?" I say as I hug him.

He passes out in my arms and I just rock back and forth with him in my lap for what seems like hours.

Nurses, Sakura, Shizune, and Tsunade all rush into the room as they turn off the alarm and they come over to me.

"What are you doing out of bed? You disconnected all the wires from the machines." Tsunade says angrily.

"S-Sasuke collapsed t-to the floor w-while holding his h-head." I say with a shaky voice.

"Do you know why?" Sakura asks quietly.

"W-We were talking a-about Sarada."

They all help me up and we put Sasuke in bed then I get back in my bed but I don't let them attach the wires.

After an hour I convince them I'm fine and I don't need any medical attention after everything they've already done for me.

Once everyone left the room I slip out of bed and I walk over to Sasuke's bed as I look at him with a slight smile.

I've always enjoyed seeing him finally getting some rest because I know he's been haunted by nightmares for years that leave him lying awake for days.

He needs this rest and I'm glad he's finally getting it but I can't stay here and watch over him.

Sarada could be in trouble and I need to go find her even if I can't use my hands to do jutsu which will cause some problems.

I kiss Sasuke's head before climbing out the window and heading to the house which isn't in good shape.

The door is kicked in and pieces of the house are broken off and laying on the ground as I walk inside.

I walk over to a table and pull open a drawer to show some scrolls I had stored away as I pull one out and throw it up in the air.

It disappears into a puff of smoke as I cover my eyes for a moment and when I look back again there's a hound sitting on the ground.

"Hi Mizuki." He says to me.

"Hi Pakune. I need you to find Sarada. She could be in danger."

"Okay. Do you have something of hers?"