91

Mizuki's POV

After talking to Sarada about Karin I couldn't go to sleep that night even though Sasuke was laying in bed next to me.

His arm was wrapped tightly around my waist and his soft snores were filling my ears to give the room some sort of sound.

Even though he apologized and I said it was okay, it really wasn't because nothing will change the fact that he betrayed me.

He chose Karin of all people, he knows the problems I had with her yet he still chose her to be the mother of our baby.

I know she agreed to stay out of Sarada's life but I'm pretty sure Sarada would want to meet her now.

I push Sasuke's arm off my waist easily so he doesn't wake up and I get off the bed and exit the room.

I walk to the kitchen and make some coffee for me to drink because I know I won't be going to sleep any time soon.

I pour the coffee into a mug and I wrap my hands around the warm container and I stare at the dark liquid that sat inside of it.

I blow it off as I walk to the couch to sit down and finally I take a sip of the coffee feeling the warm sensation fill my mouth.

I smile because it tastes so good as I take another sip when I hear footsteps coming this way and I turn my head slightly to see Sarada.

"Mom? Why are you up?" She asks with a yawn.

"Just getting something to drink. Why are you up sweetie? You have a mission tomorrow." I say as I sit my mug down on the table.

Sarada walks over to the couch and sits down next to me as I turn to face her and her eyes are bloodshot.

"Have you been crying?" I ask while placing a hand on her cheek.

"Yes.." She mumbles.

"Whats wrong sweetie?"

"I feel bad for asking because I know you've been though a lot. But can I meet my real mother..? There are so many questions I have that only she knows the answer too."

A tear trickles down her cheek and I feel my heart sink in my chest but I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Of course you can. I just don't wanna leave you alone with her. I'll contact her."

"Okay. Thanks mom!" She says with a small smile.

"Now go get some sleep."

She hugs me before getting up and going back to bed as I grab my coffee and I start to drink it but stop.

I start crying as I bring my knees to my chest with the coffee still in my hands but after a while it goes cold.

I take the mug to the sink and I dump out the coffee and lay the cup in the sink as I rest my hands on the counter.

I stare outside at the moon that shines through the window above the sink and I feel more tears run down my cheeks.

"I'm tired of crying...is this really how my future was planned out? Me being so unhappy with myself and my family. Why did someone have to ruin my family? Why can't Sarada be mine?" I think to myself.

I don't know how long I was standing there but when I finally moved is when I heard another pair of footsteps coming my way.

From sensing the chakra it's Sasuke so I'm not worried as I still stand in the kitchen with a mug in hand.

I pour coffee into it and when the footsteps stop I know he's behind me waiting for me to say something but I'm not going too.

I turn and hand him the mug which he takes then I go into the living room and sit on the couch still without words to him.