87

Mizuki's POV
I head home after talking to Kakashi still not knowing he had a sister this whole time left me speechless.

The way she died, left me in chills that just thinking about it makes me feel unsafe and depressed.

Knowing her life was so short lived and knowing who she was with the entire time of her life.

"Itachi. Even before me, you were still such a kind hearted soul." I think to myself.

I find myself in front of my door to my house but I don't reach for the handle, I don't raise my hand to knock, and I don't move my hand to get the key.

I just stare at the door not wanting to enter even knowing that my husband and daughter are waiting on the other side.

For once in my life I feel guilty for being in love with Sasuke and having him love me back and I feel ashamed for letting myself think this.

I know it's not my fault or his but for some reason I still feel like somehow I don't deserve the life I have now.

I should be dead for all the things I've done in the past, the reasons I had for doing them weren't even worth what was cost.

Like Mako for example, his life was taken because he was simply friends with me and just because Pein was after me...he lost his life.

"Speaking of Mako. I need to visit him." I think to myself.

I was so lost inside my head that I hadn't realize my front door was open and Sasuke was standing there.

I look up at him weakly and all at once my body felt too heavy for me to hold up and without realizing it I was on the ground.

I brought a hand to my chest to feel my breathing uneven as a hand grabs my shoulder when I look over to see Sasuke.

I feel the rush of guilt again so I push his hand off as I get up when I run away from the house until I'm out of view.

I didn't know where I was going or how long I was running but I stopped once I reached a giant tree that I remembered.

I'm far away from the village because I'm standing in front of the tree where I buried Mako years ago and tears flood my eyes.

I sit down under the tree when I look over to see his glasses still sitting by the cross that sat deep inside the dirt.

I grabbed his glasses and held them in my hands for what seemed like hours, I just sat and stared at them.

I missed him a lot because he was so welcoming when I came here to train with Pervy Sage after the preliminaries.

He got me flowers and treated me to dinner which was beyond nice but his life was taken away because of me.

"Hey! What are you doing touching Mako's glasses!?" I hear a woman's voice yell from behind me.

I stand up quickly and turn holding his glasses firmly in my hand when I see a woman around her thirties maybe late twenties.

She had long brown hair that was pulled back into a ponytail and she wore a white dress with her ninja sandals.

She also had an apron that showed the name of a spa which I recognized to be the same as the one Mako worked at but was destroyed.

I didn't have any words for her as I start crying at the sight of the flowers she held in her arms when I fall to my knees.

"Miss, are you okay?" She ask kindly.

When I don't answer she comes by my side and places a hand on my wrist and I look up at her to see a smile on her face.

"Did you know Mako?"

I shook my head yes and all of sudden she hugs me tightly and I leave my arms to my sides when she pulls away.

"How did you know him?" She asks next.

"I-I came here a l-long time ago. I-I was training and h-he welcomed me. W-We became friends...he d-died because of me." I say between sobs.

I look over to see her face full of shock but she remains calm as her lips form a thin line when she places the flowers on his grave.

"So the man that destroyed his shop was after you?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry."

I let my head hang in shame as tears fell from my eyes and on to Mako's glasses which still sat tightly in my hand.

"Its okay. Its not like you killing him on purpose. We're you the one who buried him?"

"Y-Yes."

"You payed my family a great debt for taking care of him. He was my brother."

I looked over at her and a smile sat on her face and I smile back as I place Mako's glasses back on the grave.

-An hour later-

Naki was Mako's sisters name and she left a few minutes ago because she needed to go take care of her mother.

I start walking home still letting my head hang in sadness because part of me still feels like Mako's death is my fault.

If I would have never talked to him then maybe Pein would have let him live his life in peace but now he's gone.

He had a sister, mother and father waiting on him to come home from work but when he never showed up they were devastated to find out that he died.

I can't believe he's gone and its my fault that he didn't go home to his family, I will never be able to forgive myself for that.

I didn't know I was back at the Leaf until they greeted me at the gates but I merely just waved to them.

I was on my way home when I see Rock Lee walking with Metal Lee and he smiles towards me and waves.

"Hey guys." I say as I plaster a small smile on my face.

"Hey." Rock Lee says first.

Metal Lee stands next him quietly and starts playing with his nunchucks which were probably a gift from Guy Sensei.

"How are things with Sakura..?" I ask while folding my arms.

I felt like it was wrong to ask that because his face drops a little but he smiles slightly and scratches the back of his neck.

"She's moving in with Ino and Sai for a little bit so can sort somethings out but she said she will move back in within two months. She still wants to be married."

"Thats good." I say with a small smile.

"Oh yeah! Sasuke is looking for you."

I feel my chest tighten and I nod my head as we wave goodbye I head home seeing Sasuke sitting on the steps.

*******************

Sorry for the late update. I have been working like crazy. Tuesday was my only day off. I used that to get some sleep. Then I had a lot of homework to work on. Well I have nothing much to say.

Alright well I'll try to post again soon!

Don't forget to leave your lovely thoughts in the comments and vote!

Love you guys <3

~Heaven