43

Mizuki's POV
Since I've been awake everyone has been coming and going from my room like nothing happened and that I'm fine now.

I barely remember what happened to make myself end up here and now I'm alone.

My birthday was yesterday and everyone stayed and talked to me while some left later to buy flowers.

I twiddle my thumbs nervously when my door opens and Sakura walks in to check on my charts like she does everyday.

"Hey Mizuki. Awake already?" She asks while flipping a page.

"Yeah. Couldn't sleep much."

"You need rest. It's the only way your gonna heal." She says while setting my chart down.

"I know but I've been asleep for like a week and I just...I don't know." I say while shrugging my shoulders.

I look at her and see something in her eyes that I've seen before like anger instead of happiness.

"Sakura, what's wrong? Did I do something?" I ask softly.

"Y-You didn't do anything." She says while smiling.

"You seem angry with me."

I look down at my bed sheets and I ball up my fists when I feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

"It's about Sasuke, isn't it?" I say while trying to keep my voice steady.

"Yeah. I love him Mizuki."

Hearing those words breaks my heart and I look up at her and she gives me a look of disappointment and sadness.

"I'm sorry--" She starts to say.

"Sakura. You only love him because you think he's cool and cute. You barely know anything about him if you think about it."

"I know. I could never beat you at anything Mizuki. Including winning over Sasuke's heart." She says while walking towards the door.

She leaves before I can say anything more and I wipe my tears away when I get up and I stretch.

I work my way over to the bathroom and I turn the sink on while looking at myself in the mirror.

My face is pale, under my eyes are dark, my arms have lost their muscle, my shoulders are slumped, my fingers are sore.

I cup my hands under the water and I get a hand full as I splash it on my face and look back up again.

I see a pair of sharingan eyes behind me and I turn quickly but there's nothing there.

I leave the bathroom with fear flowing through my body as I shut the door quickly and I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn to see Naruto and I place a hand on my chest and let out a breath that I didnt realize I was holding again.

"Naruto. You scared me." I say while wheezing air.

"You need to sit down. You're not fully healed." He says while helping me to my bed.

I sit down and he sits down in the chair next to my bed as I lay back against the pillow.

"I wanna train so bad." I say while looking out the window.

"You can't." He says and I just shake my head.

"I could but no one will let me."

"Because you've been in the hospital for days." He says a little louder this time.

"Naruto. I'm use to being in this pain. Training helps me heal myself."

He looks at me with hardened eyes and I know he won't let me leave this bed any time soon.