32

Mizuki's POV
I can't go with Sasuke, I have a goal of my own and a team will only get in the way.

Now that I've thought about it, from sitting here and watching Sasuke's chakra until his team is near.

Sasuke didn't remember me at the academy like we met before the academy.

That's why I could analyze him so well but how come he didn't remember me at all?

Maybe someone put a genjutsu on that part of his mind, or a different type of jutsu.

Maybe I can look in his memories to find the ones that are missing but wouldn't that be wrong?

I shake my head as I sense a chakra closing in fast but it seems faint as I grab a kuni.

I look around until I see a shadow on the ground hovering over Sasuke as I turn quickly.

"Tobi?!" I say as I put down my kuni.

"Mizuki. Why are you here?" Tobi asks.

Zetsu comes up beside him and starts talking to him as I look over at Sasuke and Itachi.

"Well can you come with us to heal Sasuke?" Tobi asks.

"Yeah of course. I'll grab him."

I sit Sasuke up and put him piggyback style on my back as I see Tobi grab Itachi.

"Why Itachi?"

"For Sasuke's eyes." He replies.

I feel my body shiver as I follow Tobi and I look behind me to see Naruto and the rest of them get there.

"That was a close one. The Leaf just got there." I whisper.

"I know."

We get to a building as we enter and go to a dark room as I lay Sasuke on the blanket spread out on the floor.

"I'm going to go put Itachi in another room."

I nod my head as I grab a chakra pill and eat it as I place my hands on Sasuke's chest again and I start healing him.

"Mizuki?" Tobi asks in a deeper voice.

"Hm." I hum.

"You know why we chose you for the Akatsuki?"

"No." I say weakly.

"Because you we're strong, you have a special blood type along with a clan with special abilities, you are the last one to possess the beast."

"You mean the beast was in someone else besides me?"

"Yes. It was in your mother. Even though she died by a katana to the chest. She would have died anyway because the beast was removed from her and put in you. I knew that other ninja we're coming for her so if they thought she died with the beast in her then no one else could have it."

"So let me get this straight? You took the beast out of my mother. Killing her basically. Then putting in me for safe keeping?" I ask looking up at him.

"Yes. I know you're strong enough to live through all the enemies coming your way. No one else knows about the beast but me and a couple others."

I bite the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't say anything else because right now he has me in a place that he knows.

I have no idea where we are and he could take Sasuke hostage in a minute if he wanted too.

"That's very interesting but I need to concentrate on his injuries and it's hard when you distracting me."