79

Mizuki's POV
*in thoughts*
My eyes flutter open but I'm not with Shikamaru and the group anymore but I'm with Sasuke at the training grounds.

Sasuke is over talking to his brother but I stand from afar so I wouldn't be seen by the other two ninja.

I know one which is Itachi Uchiha who is Sasuke's brother but the other ninja is a girl whose name I don't know.

She's very beautiful with her long white hair and features that remind me of Kakashi but I don't think much of it.

She looks over towards me and I move behind the tree that I was standing next to and she looks back at Sasuke.

After a second Sasuke runs back towards me with a goofy smile plastered on his face as he grabs my hand and pulls me along.

"Where are we going?" I ask shyly.

"To the village."

I just tighten my hand in his feeling a connection I haven't felt with someone in a long time.

For once in my life I was feeling happy, happy that someone took notice in me and decided they wanted to be my friend.

This boy, this little kid, took notice in me and decided he wanted to know me closer than just a face in a crowd.

I smiled to myself as I stared towards Sasuke's back when we approach a park that was surrounded by families and other little kids.

"Why'd you bring me here?"

"I thought you might like the park. Haven't you been to one?"

"No. My clan didn't have a park."

He looks at me with sympathy in his eyes but I just shrug it off because that's something I don't like is someone feeling sorry for me.

I just walk over towards a swing as I sit down when Sasuke joins me when I let my hand swing back and forth.

Sasuke grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers as I look up from our hands to him to see he is smirking.

"Together?"

"Together."

We both start swinging and in that moment I felt like I was finally alive and not physically but mentally.

Ever since my mother and father died I just felt depressed and heartbroken but this village, these people, something about this boy...brings me joy.

The Leaf village gives me a reason to move on with my life and to become a ninja who will someday become something great.

I tighten my grasp on Sasuke's hand never wanting to let go but eventually our swings came to a stop.

He pulled me over to a slide where he let me climb the steps and I went down into his arms where he waited for me at the bottom.

"Isn't it fun?"

"Yeah." I say while standing up.

After a while we finally left the park and we wandered the village when I saw the same man from earlier.

"Big brother!" Sasuke yells as he runs off towards the man.

I follow Sasuke when I approach the man who gives me a kind smile then looks back at Sasuke who was hugging his legs.

"Hey Sasuke. Hi." He says while looking at me.

"Hi." I say quietly.

"What are you doing?" Sasuke questions.