85

Mizuki's POV
"Mizuki...I'm so sorry." Sasuke says as he tightens his arms around me.

I don't say anything as I stand there with my arms wrapped around him and tears flowing down my cheeks.

I can't stay mad at him, I really can't not when I haven't seen him in forever because it's been years.

It's easy to be mad at someone who isn't around but when they are standing right in front of you...

Every time I see Sasuke my feelings cave and all I wanna do is hug him because I love him so much.

The sound of the door opening brings me from my thoughts as I look over to see Sarada standing there.

"Hey honey." I say sweetly as I pull away from Sasuke.

I wipe my tears away as I go over to her and hug her tightly when Sasuke turns towards us with a blank expression on his face.

"Hey mom." Sarada says trying to ignore her father who was standing right in front of her.

"How was your morning?" I ask trying to keep her from getting upset.

"It was good. Konohamura Senseu called an urgent meeting this morning that's why I was gone."

"Alright. Thank you for breakfast it was good."

"No problem. I'm gonna go to my room and shower."

Sarada smiles towards me as she slips her sandals off by the door as she walks right past Sasuke.

"S-Sarada.." He says softly, his voice breaking.

Sarada stops in her step but keeps her back towards her father and me so we can't see her face.

"Don't. You left mom and me. So you deserve to be shunned. You didn't even stay for me."

She says before walking down the hall and I can see Sasuke break apart as he bites his lip sadly.

"She's really mad at me." He mumbles.

I walk over to Sasuke as I stand in front of him with a slight smile covering my face as I cup his cheek with my hand.

"She's not as easy to get forgiveness with. Unlike me I can't help it with you."

Sasuke smiles as he places his hand over mine when he brings it to his mouth and kisses it gently.

"Hey I have to go see Naruto now. But I will come back afterward." He says and I just nod.

"Okay." I say softly.

He leaves after that and part of me thinks he won't come back but part of me thinks he will and I don't which one to believe.

"Is he gone?" Sarada whispers.

"Yes, you can come out." I say as I turn towards her.

She comes out in her ninja gear when she sits down at the table as I walk into our kitchen so I can make lunch.

"You know you will have to forgive him Sarada...Your father wasn't the best man before we got married. He had to go out and see the world for himself. I forgive him. You have too sooner or later." I say as I finish making the sandwich for Sarada.

"I know. I'm just mad that he left us."

I don't say much after that as I take the plate over to her which she gladly takes from me as she starts eating.

"Thanks mom." She says with a mouth full of food.

"You're welcome sweetie. So do you have any missions today?"