"Hey! While I may have been a bit of a tsundere-" began Sasuke.

"A bit?"

"Yes, a bit," he retorted after I interrupted him, "Tera has only ever played hard to get."

"Excuse me?"

"You have, and you know it!" he said accusingly, pointing at me through the glass. "How am I supposed to know what you want if you send out mixed signals?"

"Enlighten me on what kind of signals confused you, because I'm absolutely positive-"

"We were warming up to each other one minute, and the next you ran off with Shisui without even giving me a heads up!"

"Okay, first of all, bitch-"

"Woah woah woah!" Kannon stood up between us, easing the friction that had begun to appear. "Tera, language! You have a baby in your arms!"

"I don't care!" I sighed and leaned back in my seat, pulling Ayumi's pram closer to me. Kannon shook her head, clucking her tongue in disappointment.

"Let's talk like adults, shall we? I know you two love to bicker, but I'd really like for some mutual understanding here," she said with a small sigh. "Sasuke, please tell Tera what you were up to prior to her escape with Shisui. Tera, you too."

Glaring at me from his little room, Sasuke leaned forward with his chin on his hands, not once breaking eye contact.

"I was going to speak to my father about having you released from the programme. Remember, just like we'd discussed? Then all of a sudden- poof! You were gone!"

"Okay, listen, you failed to mention to me that your clan planned on extracting all of my chakra and killing me," I said cautiously. "Shisui came running to me as soon as he found out, because he wanted me out of there as soon as possible. You never even mentioned it to me once, so of course I trusted Shisui with my life more than you! How was I meant to think the best of you if you wouldn't even tell me that one crucial bit of information? It's not like my life was in danger, or anything!"

" I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want you to be worried and stressed about anything," said Sasuke in his defense. "Believe it or not, I was actually biding my time! I was worried about how you would take the news! Imagine if something had happened- imagine if it had affected your pregnancy? They weren't going to extract your chakra right away- they were going to wait for baby number two to pop out! In the meantime, I wanted to see if I could figure out a way to get you out myself, without stressing you out in the process!

"It was all a matter of timing- Shisui got to you first- and of course I got mad. I was mad because there we were, finally getting somewhere- and then you disappeared! And with Shisui, of all people! Before I could even wrap my head around the news of the extraction! So forgive me for being in shock, but things could've turned out differently if I had been the one to take you."

I bit my lip.

"I see."

"I'm not the horrible, mean person you see me as," sighed the Uchiha, burying his face in his hands. "Well, not anymore, anyway. I wish you would've trusted me more."

I sat in defeated silence as Sasuke explained himself, feeling more and more like an idiot as time passed. That moment had been a crucial one; the moment where I decided whether I wanted to trust Sasuke, or Shisui.

That moment ultimately could have altered how things turned out leading to my arrival in Suna.

"If I had trusted you... what do you think would've happened?"