105) Window

You heard the moving van before you saw it. News spread quickly around your neighborhood that a new family was moving in next door to you. You ran up to your window to see the new family arriving and unpacking all their boxes from the van.

You watched as a boy with dark brown hair sat at the back of the van, looking around the street before he looked up and saw you staring at him. A slight smirk took over his face before he lifted up his hand to wave at you. You returned the wave, a slight blush covering your cheeks before you walked downstairs.

"New neighbors are here", you said to your mom and dad who were seated at the kitchen counter.

"Oh! We should bake them cake to welcome them!", your mom said and immediately started looking for the ingredients.

***

You walked over to your new neighbors house, the cake in one hand and your dogs leash in the other.

"Calm down Coco", you say to him as he jumps up.

You ring the doorbell and wait until you hear the footsteps walking towards the door. The door opens to reveal the handsome guy from earlier.

"Hi", he smiles.

"Hi. Uh my mom made you and your family a cake to welcome you to the neighborhood", you smiled and handed him the cake.

"It smells amazing", he said and placed it on the small table beside him.

"Well she's a baker so it should taste good as well", you inform him and he nods.

"I'm Tyler", he says and sticks out his hand.

"Y/N", you say and shake his hand before Coco jumps up onto your legs.

"And this is Coco.. he gets very jealous", you say and Tyler laughs before kneeling down and petting him.

"You are so cute", he says while rubbing his ears.

"Well uh.. I'll see you around", you say not wanting to waste more of his time.

"See you", he smirks at you as you turn around to take Coco on a walk.

***

That night you're in your room when you hear a tap on your window. You ignore it but when you hear it again you get up to go see what's happening.

Tyler is standing in his room which happens to be opposite your room. He grins widely, his hands behind his back, swaying back and forth. He looks like a naughty school boy.. but a hot one.

He waves again and you wave back.

Hi. He writes on a piece of paper.

Hi back. You respond.

Your moms cake was delicious. He writes.

I made the frosting. You write.

Yeah.. I was wondering why it wasn't as good as the cake ;). He writes and you mock a fake hurt face.

Kidding. He writes again.

Would you like to go get ice-cream? He writes.

Now? You ask.

Yes.

Meet you by the sidewalk.

"I didn't bring any paper with so talking will have to do", he says when you reach him.

"Well I brought Coco along in case things get awkward", you say.

"Optimistic", he smirks.

"Clearly", you laugh and you two walk to the ice-cream place.

You two chat about everything you can think of while walking and eating. He makes you laugh and smile like never before.

You make him think like never before and act differently. Even though Coco is also around, you feel safe with him, which is weird considering you've known him for a couple of hours.

"Thanks for tonight", you say as he walks you to your door.

"Thanks for welcoming me to the neighborhood", he smiles.

He leans down and your heart beats faster. He places his soft lips on yours for a couple of seconds.

"I'll speak to you via the window", he murmurs against your lips. Before walking back to his house and you go inside.

x