17) Bad boy

Tyler was known as the bad boy at your high school. With his tattoos and piercings and a "Don't care" attitude he was intimidating. Not to mention how he would get with any girl he wanted. He could be mean and arrogant at times. He was also the captain of the football team.

You were a quiet girl. You didn't really consider yourself popular but the friends you did have were considered part of the popular crowd. You got good grades and had a passion for art.

Tyler and you weren't friends. You didn't hate him and he didn't hate you, it was just that you guys never really spoke. Dylan was a mutual friend but obviously he was Tylers best friend.

One day, Tyler and you were paired up for an English project. He smiled at you when your names were called and you blushed. You had a small crush on him, purely look based considering you didn't know him. But you were excited to finally see if there was a connection between the two of you.

He came over to your house after planning the arrangements.
"Hey", you greeted you smiling. You had never seen him smile so much.
"Hi", you replied, stepping back to allow him in.
Your mom was working late so she wouldn't be home while you guys worked.
"So should we get started?", you ask and he nods before following you to the lounge.

You both work in silence for the first hour. He would send you side glances and whenever you made eye contact you would both blush. You never expected to see the football captain blush.

"Would you like anything to drink?", you ask him after another few minutes of silence.
"Um sure what do you have?", he asks and you walk towards the kitchen. He trails after you not really knowing what to do.
"Uhh we have water, coke, juice and I could make you coffee or something else?", you say and he thinks for a minute before replying with "Coke please".

You nod your head and pour him and yourself some Coke.
"So why have we never spoken before?", he asks you.
"I guess I'm not in your crowd", you answer honestly.
"A beautiful girl like you is definitely in my crowd", he winks at you and you roll your eyes.
"Do you say that to all the girls?", you ask and he frowns at you, not getting the reaction he was hoping for.
"Um no..?", he says as more of a question before you sigh and get back to work.

You were hoping that you two could maybe be friends. But it seems all he cares about is looks. He leaves at around 6pm and gives you a funny look as climbs onto his bike.

The next day at school he keeps sending you glances. You ignore it, thinking it's just a coincidence. Until he sits with you at lunch. You're shocked at first, seeing him stand next to you nervously.

"Hi.. Um.. Can I sit with you?", he asks, his voice breaking a bit.
"Y-yeah sure", you tell him, looking over at your friends who nod.
Soon everyone is talking normally but you sit just listening to everyone and laughing. Tyler sends you a smile when you're laughing and you return it.
"Can we hang out today after school?", he asks and you surprise yourself by nodding.
"Your house?", he asks and you nod again.

Later that afternoon, you find yourself sitting with Tyler on your bed. Your mom was having her weekly book club night and was busy cleaning downstairs. You decided that it would be best if you and him were upstairs away from her prying eyes.

"So did you want to work more on the project?", you finally ask him after some small talk.
"Um.. Well no.. I just wanted to.. Spend some more time with you", he tells you, his cheeks turning red. You blush and play with your fingers.
"Why?", you whisper.
"Because you're different", he tells you and you look into his eyes. Before you know it you're both leaning in.

"Y/N! Please come help me with something!", your mom shouts, interrupting the "could have been" kiss. You smile apologetically at Tyler before going downstairs and helping your mom move the table around.
"He seems nice", you mom says to you.
"He is", you smile and she winks at you before you head back upstairs.

"Sorry about that", you say to him and he just shakes his head.
"Don't worry about it", he says, his elbows resting on his knees. You are unsure about what to do so you just go back to sitting on your bed, your thighs brushing against his.

"Where's your dad?", he asks you and you tense at the question.
"You don't have to answer. Sorry", he quickly says, seeing your reaction.
"No.. Its just a sensitive topic. Um he left when I was still a baby", you tell him and he frowns.
"I'm so sorry", he tells you and puts a hand on your knee. You smile at the gesture.
"Not your fault. He wasn't the best person according to my mom. And we're a pretty good team without him", you tell him. He smiles at your words.
"My mom and I used to be like that too", he smiles sadly.
"What.. What happened to her?", you ask squeezing his hand on your knee.
"Oh.. She passed away from cancer", he tells you and your heart aches for the boy sitting next to you.
"That must have been an awful time", you whisper and he nods. Slowly you lean closer to him and rest your head on his shoulder.
"I like this", you tells you softly.
"What?", you say back, not lifting your head.

"Talking. Especially to you", he tells you and presses a kiss to your head. You smile and slowly lift up your head to meet his.
"Would.. Would you like to go on a date with me?", he asks and you nod your head, smiling widely at him. He breathes a sigh of relief before you both laugh and continue talking.

After your first date he asked if he could come in. You said yes, knowing your mom wouldn't mind and that she was out. He smirked at you as you led him to your room and you rolled your eyes causing him to laugh. You were both lying down on your backs, talking about silly things. Him making you to laugh every so often.

"I like you", he whispers and you look at him in shock that he actually admitted it.
"I like you too", you told him and he smiled.
"Let's go to bed", he said and you raised an eyebrow at him.
"Oh you're staying over?", you asked and he nodded his head, not bothering to look at you as he took off his jacket and climbed into your bed.

He gave you a cheesy grin as you rolled your eyes and got changed. He smiled as you made your way over to him and climbed into your bed. He wrapped his arms around you and held you close. You smiled, thinking how crazy it is that you have such strong feelings for him already.

"Night babe", he whispered into your hair.
"Night", you breathed against his chest.

The next morning you got woken up with a kiss to your forehead. You smiled and stretched.
"Baby I gotta go", he said and you frowned.
"Why?", you asked and he laughed at your pout.
"Football game babe but there's practice first", he told you. You frowned as his warmth left your body but you grabbed his hand before he got up and pulled him back onto the bed.
Bravely you placed a hand on the side of his cheek and leaned down. You pressed your lips to his and he automatically responded. His mouth worked against yours as his hands trailed down your sides. You pulled away and smiled at his closed eyes and lazy smile.

"Please come to my game today", he begged and you nodded. He beamed and got up. Putting on his jacket while looking at you, he smirked.
"I'll see you later baby", he said and pressed a long kiss to your lips before winking and walking out of your room. You sighed and lay back in bed, smiling at the crazy, bad boy that stole your heart.

And he walked away smiling at the quiet girl who changed his heart.