47) Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve 2012

She was standing in the kitchen, smiling at Holland as the two chatted away. Holland told me they were old friends and she was the sweetest person.

I smiled as she laughed, looking like an angel with the fairy lights shining on her in the best way. She held a glass of red wine, sipping slowly as she listened and nodded to her friend.

A guy came and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, she smiled up at him and he kisses her cheek. Frowning, I walked away not wanting my heart to hurt more.

Christmas Eve 2013

She was there again. This time I asked Holland if she had a boyfriend. She laughed and said no, so I walked away relieved. I saw her standing by the fireplace, talking to Dylan O. She smiled at something he said before moving her gaze towards me. She blushed and gave me a slight smile. Bravely, I walked towards her.

"Hey man! This is Y/N. Y/N this is Tyler, the guy I was telling you about", Dylan winked at her and I tilted my head in confusion.

"Hi it's nice to meet you", she said and my heart melted at the sound of her voice.

"Nice to meet you too", I said and we started speaking. Dylan left our side. We moved outside and chatted for the rest of the night. She told me the guy from last year wasn't her boyfriend and laughed when I suggested that her gay best friend was her lover.

Christmas Eve 2014

She stood in front of the mirror, fixing her dress before we headed off to Hollands party.

"You look beautiful babe", I told her and she smiled at me.

"And you look as gorgeous as always", she said as she crossed the room and wrapped her arms around my waist. She tilted her chin up towards me and pouted her lips. I leaned down and kissed them. Smiling against her lips as she pulled me closer.

She pulled back and looked into my eyes, smiling as I grinned at her. "I love you", I tell her. She stands on her tiptoes and kisses me again before replying, "I love you Tyler".

"Hey before we go.. I want you to open a gift", I tell her and she looks at me.

"Okay!", she beams.

"It's under the tree", I say and lead her down the stairs of the apartment.

I grab the gift and hand it to her, a big box fills her hands.

She starts unwrapping it and sees a small box inside. She looks at me and then back to the box before opening it. She gasps and looks up at me, only to see me kneeling down on one knee. I take the ring box out of her hand and ask her to marry me. She says yes and we kiss before heading off to Hollands party, which was actually our engagement party.

Christmas Eve 2015

Our first Christmas as a married couple. We were sitting outside at Hollands house, talking to Dylan O and Holland while the rest of the guests talked among themselves.

"You two look really happy", Dylan said smiling at us.

"I hope we're just as happy", Holland says, reaching for Dylan's hand. He smiles down at her and kisses her cheek. We smile at the newly engaged couple, we've waited forever for them to get together.

"Are you planning on having kids soon?", Dylan asks and I smirk down at Y/N who blushes.

Holland squeals with delight, clearly reading her best friends face.

"I'm going to be an Aunty!", she says and Y/N nods. Dylan gets up and hugs me.

"Good job bro", he winks at me then hugs Y/N. We tell them everything we know before heading home.

Christmas 2016

We watched as our daughter, Skylar sat on my lap, trying too hold her presents with her tiny hands. She giggled as I ripped the wrapping paper. And I kissed her cheek while she played with her toy unicorn. I looked at Y/N who was watching the two of us while she sipped her hot chocolate.

She smiled at me and came closer, her cute Santa pjs looking so adorable on her. I wrapped an arm around her as she leaned against me. She played with Skylars hair and kissed my neck.

And as I took in the sight around me, I was so grateful for Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Will get back to doing requests tomorrow xx