33) Fairy tale

Thanks to Edeline9611 for requesting this :)

Prince Tyler looked in the mirror, fixing his hair as he waited for his dad.

"Tyler?", his dad called. He turned around and faced his dad, looking at the Crown on his head before smiling at him.

"Hey pops", Tyler grinned and his dad chuckled.

"Come with me, your mom and I need to speak to you about something", Tyler nodded and followed his dad into the big dining room where he saw his mom smiling at him. He kissed her cheek and sat down to listen to their news.

"We want to tell you something, but you have to have an open mind alright?", his dad said and he nodded, interested in what they had to say.

"We gave arranged for you to be married", his dad said and Tyler frowned.

"What?", he whispered looking at his mom but she didn't make eye contact with him.

"You said you would never do that to me.. You hated the idea of an arranged marriage", Tyler spoke and his moms eyes filled with tears.

"We know son but you've never been in a serious relationship.. And taking in your mom's and my health.. We need you to be ready to lead with a responsible, caring Queen beside you.

Tyler knew what they were saying made sense but he always wanted to find his wife by himself.

He nodded before excusing himself leaving his parents to wonder what his decision would be.

***

Y/N sat on the bench near her favourite lake. Tears streaming down her face as she tried to comprehend what her parents had just told her. An arranged marriage? She felt sick to her stomach at the thought.

The wind howled and she lifted up her jersey to cover her shoulders as she watched the water run over the rocks in the Lake.

"Can I join you?", a voice called from behind her. She jumped at the noise interrupting her peace but smiled when she saw Tyler.

"Please do", her voice quivered and he frowned at the sight of his friend crying.

Tyler and her had been friends forever. They both had a small crush on each other but never revealed it. She lived near him and was a royal as well.

"What's the matter?", Tyler asked and she just shook her head.

He sat down beside her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Well if it makes you feel better my parents have arranged for me to get married to a complete stranger!", he said and her head shot up to meet his eyes.

"So did mine!", she exclaimed and he just shook his head.

"I can't believe this", he breathed out.

"Why can't we just pick our own spouse? What if we liked someone right now and now we will never get to see how it would work out", she said softly.

He looked at her and how the sunrise was illuminating this beautiful shadow across her features. She was so beautiful and he would probably never be able to be with her now.

She looked up at him after noticing how quiet he had been and raised an eyebrow at him.

"What?", she asked him. He knew that this would be the only time he would have an opportunity to do this, so bravely he placed his hands on either side of her face and leaned down. She looked up at him and a slow smile spread across her face before leaning up and connecting their lips.

Excitement and passion filled their bodies as they kissed. Tyler leaned back slightly and smiled as he saw Y/N's lips in a small pout.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I've been in love with you for so long... I'm sorry it take me this long to realise it", he confessed to her. She gently ran her thumb over the features on his chin and connected their lips again.

"I've been in love with you for just as long", she whispered against his lips.

He held her close the whole evening as they continued to talk while watching the sky change colour. They wanted to be together and they had to tell their parents that the arranged marriages have to be put off for their happiness.

***

The next evening Y/N parents went over to Tylers and met with their parents. They decided to tell them all together.

"We don't want to get married to a stranger", Tyler began to say, his dad wanted to interject but he cut him off.

"I know you want us to be with someone and be able to lead one day.. But we are in love with each other", he says smiling down at Y/N.

"That's great news", Y/N's dad says. She looks at him confused.

"But you want me to marry someone else", she says but he shakes his head.

"You two have been inseparable for years and we always knew you had feelings for one another.. So saying we've arranged for you to get married just sped up the process of getting you two together", Tylers dad explains and they stare at him with wide eyes.

"So this was just a plan to get us together?", Tyler asks and his dad nods.

Y/N and Tyler looked at one another while their parents laughed and chatted.

"But what if it didn't work?", Y/N asked and her mom laughed.

"The we would have just arranged for you two to get married", she says and Tyler starts laughing. Y/N looks at him but he just shrugs.

"I love you", he grins and she playfully hits his chest before she gives him a small kiss.

***

3 years later, Tyler and Y/N got married and it wasn't arranged by their families.